HO7 lament for the DVD - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

HO7 lament for the DVD

I bear sad news... my dvd player, died.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh it was so young! BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
*sobs, crys weeps, falls on ground into a unending fit of crys, almost dies of dehydration, gets weeled into the hospitaal, replenishes fluids comes back whipes a tear and continues typing*

Actaully I could care less, I have a new DVD player just as good as the first, but what I was wondering is if anyone, knows what was wrong with the player in the first place. heres the story:

I started to watch a movie, the title credits come on and then it stops playing. What the [b]@%$?!&$#![/b] anyway it showed on the player [italic] HO7 [/italic] I could only assume that it was an error code of some kind, duh. so I opened it, stared for a while, figured out basicly how it worked. so I played with it, removing screws and pusing gears, untill I figured That I could find no problem. but when I pluged it in again it worked! I must be a genius! I tested it with a realy bad $1.00 wal-mart film (i don't dare say its name) and it played fine, when I treid the next day HO7 again. I tinkered with it some more, and it worked again! but this time for about 7 movies, the it stoped working. When I tried to "fix it" again, it wouldn't even turn on.

What I want to know is, what the hell does HO7 mean anyway? if anyone has any idea What whent wrong Then I will be able to sleep better at night. (So if you want me to die of sleep depervation don't respond to this post) thats about it!