Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

linking pics in access

EclayEclay Member Posts: 26
I would like to create a form or report and link pics rather than imbedding them. I'm trying to create a query where I can put in a set of parameters which will have some set of output. However rather than embedding pics, I'd like to somehow link the pics. I have some understanding of how to do it, but I'm not totally clear.

I'd like to store some pics in a folder and then in a relevant cell in a row I'd like to refer to that pic via a variable in that cell. That way when I print out the report the relavent pic's show up. I think I know the theory, but I'm not sure if I'm correct in going about doing it. I know this is done in many we pages and it uses such language such as sql and php, but I'd like to use MS access reports or forms instead. Might anyone be able to help? Thanks.

Comments

• aatkbdaatkbd Member Posts: 42
    : I would like to create a form or report and link pics rather than imbedding them. I'm trying to create a query where I can put in a set of parameters which will have some set of output. However rather than embedding pics, I'd like to somehow link the pics. I have some understanding of how to do it, but I'm not totally clear.
    :
    : I'd like to store some pics in a folder and then in a relevant cell in a row I'd like to refer to that pic via a variable in that cell. That way when I print out the report the relavent pic's show up. I think I know the theory, but I'm not sure if I'm correct in going about doing it. I know this is done in many we pages and it uses such language such as sql and php, but I'd like to use MS access reports or forms instead. Might anyone be able to help? Thanks.
    :

[blue]
    Assuming the location link is in a field, you could insert a image object and use the following code.

[code]
    Private Sub Form_Current()
    Me.Image0.Picture = Me!imagelink
    End Sub
    [/code]
    [/blue]