Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Invisible Fields?

splansingsplansing Member Posts: 140
Have you ever added a field to a table, only to find it is not listed in your field list when you try to use that table in a form or report or query?

Have you also then gone back to the table, assuming you had accidentally not saved your changes, and added the nonexistant field again, only to be told that you cannot add the same field more than once?

Then you go to write a query, and you just write in the name of your field as an expression, and find that it works perfectly?! ZOWIE! An invisible field. Isn't that cool?

I must have seen this dozens of times over the last few years. I just wonder if any of you has an answer for this.

I feel like I spend all of my time compensating for Access' shortcomings and holes. What a drag. Anybody need a database designer in pretty much any environment but Access? My head is about to explode. I've worked on mainframes, used dBase (worked about as well as Access), FoxPro (used to work perfectly...haven't used it since MS bought it). I've been writing code for 25 years and designing databases for 20. Please help. I'll kick back half my first year's salary to you...