Emergency!! How do I... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Emergency!! How do I...

compuwizjrcompuwizjr Posts: 73Member
How do I use the find command. i.e. Find(txtSource.Text) I need help ASAP! The life of this project depends on the rapidity of the responce, so please rely ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• rlcrlc Posts: 448Member
    Not familar with Find... Are you searching a string for a value?

Use indexof()

[code]
    Dim l_Index as integer = txtSometext.Text.IndexOf("whatever I am looking for")

if l_Index = -1 then
    'I did not find this value
    else
    'the value is there indexof will return the index of where it starts
    end if[/code]
  • compuwizjrcompuwizjr Posts: 73Member
    : Not familar with Find... Are you searching a string for a value?
    :
    : Use indexof()
    :
    : [code]
    : Dim l_Index as integer = txtSometext.Text.IndexOf("whatever I am looking for")
    :
    : if l_Index = -1 then
    : 'I did not find this value
    : else
    : 'the value is there indexof will return the index of where it starts
    : end if[/code]
    :
    no, I need to be able to find a folder specified in a text box. I haven't had any need for to find a string value yet, but I still may use the info you gave me.

CompuWizJR

• rlcrlc Posts: 448Member
    Is it not acceptable to just open a FolderBrowser object and let the user navigate to the folder?

~rlc
  • compuwizjrcompuwizjr Posts: 73Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by compuwizjr at 2005-10-25 7:41:37[/red][/b][hr]
    : Is it not acceptable to just open a FolderBrowser object and let the user navigate to the folder?
    :
    : ~rlc
    :
    I'm a newbie. I don't know how.

~CompuWizJR