Connecting labels - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Connecting labels

john henderjohn hender Posts: 4Member
alright i have this project

Private Sub Comman1_click()
Image1.visible = False 'Hide coins
Label1.caption = Int(Rnd *10) 'pick numbers
Label2.caption = Int(Rnd*10)
' if any caption is 7 display coin stack and beep
If (Label1.caption = 7) Or Label2.caption = 7) or Label3.caption = 7)then Image1.visible = True
Beep
End If
End Sub

Its a called a "Lucky Seven" thing where when you click on command 1 it picks random numbers in any of the three labels something like a lottery or something. now for my project it says i have to make all the labels added together = 7 but i tried putting that down Label1.Caption + Label 2.caption+ label 3.caption = 7 it doesnt work. But i think before i can get them added up, i have to somehow link or connect all the labels before i can make them add each other up. any help?

Comments

• CyGuyCyGuy Posts: 312Member
    : alright i have this project
    :
    : Private Sub Comman1_click()
    : Image1.visible = False 'Hide coins
    : Label1.caption = Int(Rnd *10) 'pick numbers
    : Label2.caption = Int(Rnd*10)
    : ' if any caption is 7 display coin stack and beep
    : If (Label1.caption = 7) Or Label2.caption = 7) or Label3.caption = 7)then Image1.visible = True
    : Beep
    : End If
    : End Sub
    :
    :
    : Its a called a "Lucky Seven" thing where when you click on command 1 it picks random numbers in any of the three labels something like a lottery or something. now for my project it says i have to make all the labels added together = 7 but i tried putting that down Label1.Caption + Label 2.caption+ label 3.caption = 7 it doesnt work. But i think before i can get them added up, i have to somehow link or connect all the labels before i can make them add each other up. any help?
    :
    [green]if the lables must add up to equal 7 then the random number generator is where to look... you are trying to get random numbers from 0-9 that will give you more than 7!!! no you want the first to give you a number from 0 to 7 like = Int (RND * 7) after that the number you want is going to be 0 to (7 - Label1.caption) then you should get Label3.caption = 7 - sum of the other 2 labels... it will always add up to 7 [/green]
  • moneomoneo Posts: 39Member
    : alright i have this project
    :
    : Private Sub Comman1_click()
    : Image1.visible = False 'Hide coins
    : Label1.caption = Int(Rnd *10) 'pick numbers
    : Label2.caption = Int(Rnd*10)
    : ' if any caption is 7 display coin stack and beep
    : If (Label1.caption = 7) Or Label2.caption = 7) or Label3.caption = 7)then Image1.visible = True
    : Beep
    : End If
    : End Sub
    :
    :
    : Its a called a "Lucky Seven" thing where when you click on command 1 it picks random numbers in any of the three labels something like a lottery or something. now for my project it says i have to make all the labels added together = 7 but i tried putting that down Label1.Caption + Label 2.caption+ label 3.caption = 7 it doesnt work. But i think before i can get them added up, i have to somehow link or connect all the labels before i can make them add each other up. any help?
    :
    John,
    Don't forget to do RANDOMIZE TIMER at the top of your program to ensure that you truly get random numbers.