Binding to multiple Access tables using VB .Net

I am working on upgrading an application from VB 6 to VB .Net. The current database is Access 2000 that will be migrated over to SQL Server in the future. My question is has anyone had this problem?

I write a sql statement and return a dataset with 1 table from an access database. Then bind it to grid and have access to the records I want.

When I write a sql statement with 2 tables the program crashes. I read somewhere that you can't write to multiple tables in VB.Net to Access but have not been able to find it. I have created a query in Access and returned that table but this may not be feasible for everything is there another way?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• : I am working on upgrading an application from VB 6 to VB .Net. The current database is Access 2000 that will be migrated over to SQL Server in the future. My question is has anyone had this problem?
    :
    : I write a sql statement and return a dataset with 1 table from an access database. Then bind it to grid and have access to the records I want.
    :
    : When I write a sql statement with 2 tables the program crashes. I read somewhere that you can't write to multiple tables in VB.Net to Access but have not been able to find it. I have created a query in Access and returned that table but this may not be feasible for everything is there another way?
    :
    : Thanks for the help.
    :
    :

[blue]
    You need to change your open recordset statement to allow for dynaset-type Recordset (keyset cursor) with inconsistent updates. This will allow you to update one to many query. Check your help files to find the proper function call.
    [/blue]

• : : I am working on upgrading an application from VB 6 to VB .Net. The current database is Access 2000 that will be migrated over to SQL Server in the future. My question is has anyone had this problem?
    : :
    : : I write a sql statement and return a dataset with 1 table from an access database. Then bind it to grid and have access to the records I want.
    : : When I write a sql statement with 2 tables the program crashes. I read somewhere that you can't write to multiple tables in VB.Net to Access but have not been able to find it. I have created a query in Access and returned that table but this may not be feasible for everything is there another way?
    : : Thanks for the help.
    :
    : [blue]
    : You need to change your open recordset statement to allow for dynaset-type Recordset (keyset cursor) with inconsistent updates. This will allow you to update one to many query. Check your help files to find the proper function call.
    : [/blue]
    :
    : Thanks for the direction. I knew there should be some way to make it happen.