Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Where can I get Basic?

radicalpozradicalpoz Posts: 4Member
Stupid question, but many years ago when I had a Commodore 64 and later a DOS machine, I used to program in Basic, which was pre-loaded. Now I want to get a copy, so that I can program in Basic on my Windows PC, but I can't find it anywhere.

Anyone any ideas, please?

Many thanks!

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by IDK at 2005-10-20 6:21:26[/red][/b][hr]
    : Stupid question, but many years ago when I had a Commodore 64 and later a DOS machine, I used to program in Basic, which was pre-loaded. Now I want to get a copy, so that I can program in Basic on my Windows PC, but I can't find it anywhere.
    :
    : Anyone any ideas, please?
    :
    : Many thanks!
    :

Wich version of basic do you want?
    There are a lot of them.
    Here's a link to a site that got links to a lot of them:
    http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/network/qbdl/

I prefer QBASIC 1.1, or QuickBasic 4.5 becouse they are compatible and 4.5 got a compiler

The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• radicalpozradicalpoz Posts: 4Member
    Hi,

Thanks for the URL - I don't know which version I want - I don't even know what a compiler does. I'm trying to write aprog that simulates football's offside rule.

What do you recommend?

Regards,
    radicalpoz

: [b][red]This message was edited by IDK at 2005-10-20 6:21:26[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Stupid question, but many years ago when I had a Commodore 64 and later a DOS machine, I used to program in Basic, which was pre-loaded. Now I want to get a copy, so that I can program in Basic on my Windows PC, but I can't find it anywhere.
    : :
    : : Anyone any ideas, please?
    : : Many thanks!
    :
    : Wich version of basic do you want?
    : There are a lot of them.
    : Here's a link to a site that got links to a lot of them:
    : http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/network/qbdl/
    :
    : I prefer QBASIC 1.1, or QuickBasic 4.5 becouse they are compatible and 4.5 got a compiler
    :
    :
    : The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :
    :
    :

: Hi,
    :
    : Thanks for the URL - I don't know which version I want - I don't even know what a compiler does. I'm trying to write aprog that simulates football's offside rule.
    :
    : What do you recommend?
    :
    I'm using QBASIC 1.1, and most others on this board do the same (I think).
    QBASIC and the C64 program are intepreters. If you want to make it to an exe you'll need to have a compiler, and that's included in QuickBasic 4.5.

Hope you understand...

Many thanks,

I'm gonna go for the QBasic 1.1 then - will I still be able to use the RUN command to test if it works?

Cheers,
    rad

: : Hi,
    : : Thanks for the URL - I don't know which version I want - I don't even know what a compiler does. I'm trying to write aprog that simulates football's offside rule.
    : : What do you recommend?
    : I'm using QBASIC 1.1, and most others on this board do the same (I think).
    : QBASIC and the C64 program are intepreters. If you want to make it to an exe you'll need to have a compiler, and that's included in QuickBasic 4.5.
    :
    : Hope you understand...
    :
    :
    : The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :

• nadamsnadams Posts: 18Member
    try NBASIC at http://sylvaware.home.mindspring.com, it works just like your c64 did.

: Stupid question, but many years ago when I had a Commodore 64 and later a DOS machine, I used to program in Basic, which was pre-loaded. Now I want to get a copy, so that I can program in Basic on my Windows PC, but I can't find it anywhere.
    :
    :
    :

Cool. Many thanks!

: try NBASIC at http://sylvaware.home.mindspring.com, it works just like your c64 did.
    :
    : : Stupid question, but many years ago when I had a Commodore 64 and later a DOS machine, I used to program in Basic, which was pre-loaded. Now I want to get a copy, so that I can program in Basic on my Windows PC, but I can't find it anywhere.
    :
    :

: Many thanks,
    :
    : I'm gonna go for the QBasic 1.1 then - will I still be able to use the RUN command to test if it works?
    :

No, just write your code and hit F5, and it'll run.
    It is an IDE, wich isn't just as the C64 but a little easier to begin program in.

• bjgiulianbjgiulian Posts: 1Member
    :
    :
    :
    same question!
    plus:games for basic??
    I have a friend of a friend that promises me i floppy with bassic...but never get it...if you are more lucky,pm me!
  • nadamsnadams Posts: 18Member
    try NBASIC from http://sylvaware.home.mindspring.com, works like your C64 did.

:
    :
    :

• BeeneBeene Posts: 6Member
    : try NBASIC from http://sylvaware.home.mindspring.com, works like your C64 did.
    :
    :
    : have u got limewire????
    if u havnt, plz e-mail me and ill tell u how 2 get it

ross