Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Create users account in .mdb with privileges...(security)

titebelle1titebelle1 Member Posts: 7
Hi, (sorry again for my english - Quebec)

I have a .mdb and I want to give acces to the users by creating users account in that .mdb. Some of them will upgrate, insert ... data but others will just read data.

What must I do for security in the tools options of the access barmenu? I tried several things but nothing worked correctly!!

Nothing complicated, just the "kiss" way (Keep It Simple and Stupid)

Thanks again for your help.

Comments

• aatkbdaatkbd Member Posts: 42
    : Hi, (sorry again for my english - Quebec)
    :
    : I have a .mdb and I want to give acces to the users by creating users account in that .mdb. Some of them will upgrate, insert ... data but others will just read data.
    :
    : What must I do for security in the tools options of the access barmenu? I tried several things but nothing worked correctly!!
    :
    : Nothing complicated, just the "kiss" way (Keep It Simple and Stupid)
    :
    : Thanks again for your help.
    :
    [blue]
    Sorry but there is no "kiss" way to implement security in a multi-user environment.

The simplest way I can think of is create two front-ends. One for data-entry/edits and the other for read-only then password protect each file.

Too implement this you would need three files. The first file would be your back-end where all the tables are. The second file would be the data-entry/edit file where all the forms and queries use a Dynaset recordset and the tables are links to the back-end. The thrid file could be a copy of the second and then change all the queries and forms recordset types to snapshot.
    [/blue]