Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Win32 Program

I made a win32 program in C++ but i still get the black window, Does anyone know why?

Comments

• stephlstephl Member Posts: 422
    : I made a win32 program in C++ but i still get the black window, Does anyone know why?
    :

It's certainly due to the fact that your program is linked with the console mode starting module, and not the Win32 GUI one. What compiler and linker do you use? If you've got an IDE, there should be an option to choose between a GUI application and a console mode one when you define your project. If you use command line tools to build your project, you should have a look at the options of your linker. If you use the free Borland C++ Builder 5.5 command line tools, tell me and I'll be able to help you more.

I hope this will help you, take care, Steph.
  • toddlerasimtoddlerasim Member Posts: 93
    : : I made a win32 program in C++ but i still get the black window, Does anyone know why?
    : :
    :
    : It's certainly due to the fact that your program is linked with the console mode starting module, and not the Win32 GUI one. What compiler and linker do you use? If you've got an IDE, there should be an option to choose between a GUI application and a console mode one when you define your project. If you use command line tools to build your project, you should have a look at the options of your linker. If you use the free Borland C++ Builder 5.5 command line tools, tell me and I'll be able to help you more.
    :
    : I hope this will help you, take care, Steph.
    :
    :
    : Steph is write. You have probably defined your project as a win32 console application instead of a win32 application.
  • MT2002MT2002 Member Posts: 1,444
    : : : I made a win32 program in C++ but i still get the black window, Does anyone know why?
    : : :
    : : It's certainly due to the fact that your program is linked with the console mode starting module, and not the Win32 GUI one. What compiler and linker do you use? If you've got an IDE, there should be an option to choose between a GUI application and a console mode one when you define your project. If you use command line tools to build your project, you should have a look at the options of your linker. If you use the free Borland C++ Builder 5.5 command line tools, tell me and I'll be able to help you more.
    : : I hope this will help you, take care, Steph.
    : : Steph is write. You have probably defined your project as a win32 console application instead of a win32 application.
    :
    [blue]
    Borland command line compiler has an option..[b]-tW[/b]
    to compile Win32 MZ *exes.

With MSVC++, go to [b]File->New[/b] then in the
    [b]project's[/b] tab, select [b]Win32 Application[/b].

If you use a different compiler, please provide the
    compiler you use, any errors, etc.
    [/blue]