making Combo boxes read only - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

making Combo boxes read only

apenticoffapenticoff Posts: 63Member
I have an application where the user can use the entry form for viewing archived data. I would like to be able to lock the controls without graying them out by disabling them. Is there any way to do this? Do I need to make a new control copied from the combo box with new methods? If so can you provide sample code to accomplish this?

Thanks, Art

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : I have an application where the user can use the entry form for viewing archived data. I would like to be able to lock the controls without graying them out by disabling them. Is there any way to do this? Do I need to make a new control copied from the combo box with new methods? If so can you provide sample code to accomplish this?
    :
    :
    : Thanks, Art
    :

There is a 'locked' property that can be set at design time.

• apenticoffapenticoff Posts: 63Member
    : : I have an application where the user can use the entry form for viewing archived data. I would like to be able to lock the controls without graying them out by disabling them. Is there any way to do this? Do I need to make a new control copied from the combo box with new methods? If so can you provide sample code to accomplish this?
    : :
    : : Thanks, Art
    :
    : There is a 'locked' property that can be set at design time.
    :
    :
    The "Locked" property pertains to Moving or resizing a control. It does not change its input capability. I have found a solution. I have a method that is tied to the "Enter" event on every control that on Enter moves the focus to a "close form" button. This has the effect of locking the entire screen but is a little messy. If someone has a better way, I'd like to hear it. Thanks, Art