making Combo boxes read only - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

making Combo boxes read only

apenticoffapenticoff Posts: 63Member
I have an application where the user can use the entry form for viewing archived data. I would like to be able to lock the controls without graying them out by disabling them. Is there any way to do this? Do I need to make a new control copied from the combo box with new methods? If so can you provide sample code to accomplish this?

Thanks, Art

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : I have an application where the user can use the entry form for viewing archived data. I would like to be able to lock the controls without graying them out by disabling them. Is there any way to do this? Do I need to make a new control copied from the combo box with new methods? If so can you provide sample code to accomplish this?
    :
    :
    : Thanks, Art
    :

There is a 'locked' property that can be set at design time.

• apenticoffapenticoff Posts: 63Member
    : : I have an application where the user can use the entry form for viewing archived data. I would like to be able to lock the controls without graying them out by disabling them. Is there any way to do this? Do I need to make a new control copied from the combo box with new methods? If so can you provide sample code to accomplish this?
    : :
    : : Thanks, Art
    :
    : There is a 'locked' property that can be set at design time.
    :
    :
    The "Locked" property pertains to Moving or resizing a control. It does not change its input capability. I have found a solution. I have a method that is tied to the "Enter" event on every control that on Enter moves the focus to a "close form" button. This has the effect of locking the entire screen but is a little messy. If someone has a better way, I'd like to hear it. Thanks, Art