OpenFileDialog box question - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

OpenFileDialog box question

Matrix.netMatrix.net Posts: 38Member
Hi can someone please tell me how I could open a file for reading when the user clicks on the "open" button? Currently I'm able to show the open file dialog box but when I pick a file and click on "open" , nothing happens so if someone can tell me how I could open it for reading I would really appreciate it . Thank You

Comments

• cheezy71cheezy71 Posts: 12Member
    Hi
    what type of file are you triny to open and for what purpose.
    I recently had the same problem, I was creating a media player.
    My example would be"
    [code] OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog()
    AxMediaPlayer1.FileName = OpenFileDialog1.FileName
    [/code]

This was used to open a media file into the windows media plyer.

Hi can someone please tell me how I could open a file for reading when the user clicks on the "open" button? Currently I'm able to show the open file dialog box but when I pick a file and click on "open" , nothing happens so if someone can tell me how I could open it for reading I would really appreciate it . Thank You
    :

• cheezy71cheezy71 Posts: 12Member
    Hi
    what type of file are you trying to open and for what purpose.
    I recently had the same problem, I was creating a media player.
    My example would be:
    [code]OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog()
    AxMediaPlayer1.FileName = OpenFileDialog1.FileName
    [/code]

This was used to open a media file into the windows media player.
    Hope this is helpful.

: