Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Drag and Drop interface

schongreshschongresh Posts: 2Member
I need some ideas for a data grid that would expands as items are dropped into it. The columns would be the 7 days of a given week and the rows would be any number of trucks in a fleet (this is a dispatching program). I would bring denormalized data into a list box, and use a drag and drop function to introduce the data to a blank grid spot. As more jobs were dragged into occupied spaces, new rows within the truck rows would be created to accomodate the added data. The grid would then need to be read as a table. Could this be accomplished with a datagrid? Do I need to build something from the ground up? Please help a beginner.

schongresh