How do i create lighting system control - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How do i create lighting system control

Hi all,

Can someone advise me on how I can create a lighting system that can be controlled by way of mobile phone and a web site on the client side.

This ideally would allow me to activate/deactivate any single light in a room of my choice.

I already have a small server inserted into the roof of a doll's house (project) with circuit board also.

I plan to use j2me but am also familiar with wml, cf, html.

Thanks

Comments

• weapon__xweapon__x Posts: 138Member
    : Hi all,
    :
    : Can someone advise me on how I can create a lighting system that can be controlled by way of mobile phone and a web site on the client side.
    :
    : This ideally would allow me to activate/deactivate any single light in a room of my choice.
    :
    : I already have a small server inserted into the roof of a doll's house (project) with circuit board also.
    :
    : I plan to use j2me but am also familiar with wml, cf, html.
    :
    : Thanks
    :

i've made a similar project design and implemented the same, but i was using apache server, html/php for my clientside page and c/c++ interface for my circuit board, a good it sure worked damned fine, was planning/trying to migrate it to wml but i'm stunnted since i can't seem to find where i can post my wml codes for free in the net (or maybe a free/open source server i can test at home, much like apache/iis or something). if you can find such thing, please do contact me. thanks

baboy.... baboy....

wepz

• geerishgeerish Posts: 10Member
    : : Hi all,
    : :
    : : Can someone advise me on how I can create a lighting system that can be controlled by way of mobile phone and a web site on the client side.
    : : This ideally would allow me to activate/deactivate any single light in a room of my choice.
    : : I already have a small server inserted into the roof of a doll's house (project) with circuit board also.
    : : I plan to use j2me but am also familiar with wml, cf, html.
    : : Thanks
    :
    : i've made a similar project design and implemented the same, but i was using apache server, html/php for my clientside page and c/c++ interface for my circuit board, a good it sure worked damned fine, was planning/trying to migrate it to wml but i'm stunnted since i can't seem to find where i can post my wml codes for free in the net (or maybe a free/open source server i can test at home, much like apache/iis or something). if you can find such thing, please do contact me. thanks
    :
    : baboy.... baboy....
    :
    : wepz
    :
    :
    :
    :

J2ME would be great. an overview of how i would see a solution for your problem:
    A client midlet installed on the client, with the required control
    buttons (room number, switch on/off, etc)
    A servlet on your server, that will take each of the messages (through the control commands) from the client and then perform the required action.
    U can also device a small protocol for your communication between your client (j2me midlet) and your servelt.
    Use basic http connection, or socket connection. (all these are documented in j2me)

g.s.
  • weapon__xweapon__x Posts: 138Member
    geerish...
    ive been fiddling with my computer again, and was really starting to get serious with my pet project ( re: lighting system) and starting to migrate it to J2ME ( i've made some MIDLETS already and was kinda hoping/planning to go the next step) , was just wondering though, know any good sites for eventhandling in JM2E? like maybe samples that will make my phone do something when theres is a certain incoming message or call from a specific phonenumber?

thanks in advance.

weapon_x