I know it's not easy, but... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I know it's not easy, but...

Hi,
Is there any way to remove the 3D effet around the menu border and make a flat one, without using mfc?

Thank you !!

Comments

• rgentryrgentry Posts: 5Member
    : Hi,
    : Is there any way to remove the 3D effet around the menu border and make a flat one, without using mfc? I know it's not an easy task to do, so I am ready to give out $8 to anyone who provide me with a working solution.
    :
    : Thank you !!
    :

If you're talking what I think you're talking about..

Go to your control Panel and go into system.

Under that look for the tab Advanced

You'll be looking for Performance and click on settings.

In that scroll box you see there, scroll down until you find..

Use Visual Styles on windows and buttons

Uncheck that box and apply the settings. If that's not what you were looking for simply check the box agian and click apply. It may take a few seconds between applying it.

Hope this helped..
  • hatem.talebhatem.taleb Posts: 6Member
    Hi,
    Thank you for your response, but it's not what I am looking for.
    I want to develop a program using the win32 api library (no MFC) that has a flat menu without a shodow and no 3D effect.
    the program must work under windows even the 3d effect you're talking about is enabled.

Thanks againg.
  • LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    : Hi,
    : Thank you for your response, but it's not what I am looking for.
    : I want to develop a program using the win32 api library (no MFC) that has a flat menu without a shodow and no 3D effect.
    : the program must work under windows even the 3d effect you're talking about is enabled.
    :
    : Thanks againg.
    :

Play around a bit with the styles you set when calling CreateWindow.
    WS_BORDER, WS_DLGFRAME... try with or without them.
    I also think there is a function called AnimateWindow which is used instead of ShowWindow, and can be used to make all kind of weird window effects.
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : Believe me, It's not easy as you think about it, I am a software engineer and I know what I am talking about, I even think that it 's impossible to do using only the win32 api library !!
    :
    [blue]Just design the whole menu by yourself - I just did the same - took me 2 days.

No idea, why would you do that - my manager said they need that menu, I agrued, that it is not that beatiful as before.

Of course if it is customized - you can put even color gradients on it![/blue]
  • LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    : Believe me, It's not easy as you think about it,

WS_BORDER | WS_SYSMENU | WS_THICKFRAME | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX

it works for me...

: I am a software engineer and I know what I am talking about

Believe me, that doesn't mean much. There are so many incompetent engineers around, I've lost count on them. I am one too, so I know what I am talking about :-)

Thank you very much Lundin for your compliment,
    I feel so happy now :(
    Hi AsmGuru62,
    thank you for your response, but it woul be so nice if you let me take a little look at your code ;)
  • dededede Posts: 145Member
    Listen Hatem.
    Here is a website provides you with the sourcecode you are lookin for.
    [blue]http://www.Prof-UIS.com[/blue]
    It's using MFC, you say that you are an engineer, maybe you can convert it into API, use your imaginations... Tamam keda ya 3am???
    dede:-)

Thank you dede, it's really a great site, but I already know that it was possible in MFC beacause they use a different way to display menu.
    3ala kolli 7al motachaker aoui 3al mosa3da ;)