Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to know what's in a DLL file?

chamlingchamling Posts: 35Member
The situation is like this:-
A friend of mine has sent me some DLL files to use in my VB projects. But the problem is he hasn't told me what functions are in those DLLs. Now I'm looking for a way (a software tool) to view what's contained in a DLL file like the names of the functions exported by the DLL. I use VB6.

Is there any tool which can accomplish this task? Or any information about how we can view the contents of a DLL?

Please, help me.

Regards,
Bijay

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : The situation is like this:-
    : A friend of mine has sent me some DLL files to use in my VB projects. But the problem is he hasn't told me what functions are in those DLLs. Now I'm looking for a way (a software tool) to view what's contained in a DLL file like the names of the functions exported by the DLL. I use VB6.
    :
    : Is there any tool which can accomplish this task? Or any information about how we can view the contents of a DLL?
    :
    : Please, help me.
    :
    : Regards,
    : Bijay
    :

Press 'F2' for the object browser
  • infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : The situation is like this:-
    : A friend of mine has sent me some DLL files to use in my VB projects. But the problem is he hasn't told me what functions are in those DLLs. Now I'm looking for a way (a software tool) to view what's contained in a DLL file like the names of the functions exported by the DLL. I use VB6.
    :
    : Is there any tool which can accomplish this task? Or any information about how we can view the contents of a DLL?

If they were compiled in VB, then you can register them and examine them in the Object Browser.

If they're "regular" win32 DLLs, then you'll need to use a different tool. I forget what it's called.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• chamlingchamling Posts: 35Member
    : : The situation is like this:-
    : : A friend of mine has sent me some DLL files to use in my VB projects. But the problem is he hasn't told me what functions are in those DLLs. Now I'm looking for a way (a software tool) to view what's contained in a DLL file like the names of the functions exported by the DLL. I use VB6.
    : :
    : : Is there any tool which can accomplish this task? Or any information about how we can view the contents of a DLL?
    :
    : If they were compiled in VB, then you can register them and examine them in the Object Browser.
    :
    : If they're "regular" win32 DLLs, then you'll need to use a different tool. I forget what it's called.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    I think the DLL is not compiled in VB. And when I try to put a reference to it in VB, an error message saying "Can't add a reference to the specified file."

Can, you please remember the name of the tool so that I can get it.