Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

database cosmetics help

rlcoxrlcox Member Posts: 2
I've created a database for a friend that works well, but I would like to give it a more commercial look, (eg. hide tables,limit menu options, limit windows size to the form that is in use etc...) Can anyone offer me any help?

Thanks

Comments

• aatkbdaatkbd Member Posts: 42
    : I've created a database for a friend that works well, but I would like to give it a more commercial look, (eg. hide tables,limit menu options, limit windows size to the form that is in use etc...) Can anyone offer me any help?
    :
    : Thanks
    :

Using a database as the backend of a stand alone VB application is not easy. It increases the number of lines of code by a factor of 10. If you aren't an experienced VB programer then I suggest stay with Access. If you are still interested in building a stand alone interface then you will need to find out what complier you are going to use and what type of data sources it supports.
  • rlcoxrlcox Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, ain't nothin easy.

: : I've created a database for a friend that works well, but I would like to give it a more commercial look, (eg. hide tables,limit menu options, limit windows size to the form that is in use etc...) Can anyone offer me any help?
    : :
    : : Thanks
    : :
    :
    :
    : Using a database as the backend of a stand alone VB application is not easy. It increases the number of lines of code by a factor of 10. If you aren't an experienced VB programer then I suggest stay with Access. If you are still interested in building a stand alone interface then you will need to find out what complier you are going to use and what type of data sources it supports.
    :