Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

audible alerts and live page IE

onionsonions Member Posts: 6
i am a nurse and i get my shifts of the website of my employer. the shifts are updated continuously and i have to sit there pressing f5 every 10 seconds waiting for suitable shifts to come up before someone else takes them. i have to sit there for many hours sometimes with no work comming up a tall. what i want to do is set up my computer to refresh the web page automatically and give my index finger a holiday. i would also like to beable to get the computer to alert me if a suitable shift came up. on the web site a suitable shift is signafied by the code "saux" appearing next to it. this could be done by giving me an audible alert?

is this possible? if so, how? is there soft ware to do this?

i just need pointing in the right direction to enable me to achieve this.

many thanks
onions

Comments

• CyGuyCyGuy Member Posts: 312
    : i am a nurse and i get my shifts of the website of my employer. the shifts are updated continuously and i have to sit there pressing f5 every 10 seconds waiting for suitable shifts to come up before someone else takes them. i have to sit there for many hours sometimes with no work comming up a tall. what i want to do is set up my computer to refresh the web page automatically and give my index finger a holiday. i would also like to beable to get the computer to alert me if a suitable shift came up. on the web site a suitable shift is signafied by the code "saux" appearing next to it. this could be done by giving me an audible alert?
    :
    : is this possible? if so, how? is there soft ware to do this?
    :
    : i just need pointing in the right direction to enable me to achieve this.
    :
    : many thanks
    : onions
    :
    :
    :
    [green]we would have to see the code that makes the page. you can view this by right clicking the web page, click view source, then copy and paste that to a board... like this one!! can't make any promises, depending on how they code the page, eg. what data is immediately available without having to hack the server. i would take a look at it, and let you know if it is possible.

give the source, or access to the site, and let's see what we can see:)

[green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    -Russ aka DangeRuss

• anthrax11anthrax11 Member Posts: 511
    : : i am a nurse and i get my shifts of the website of my employer. the shifts are updated continuously and i have to sit there pressing f5 every 10 seconds waiting for suitable shifts to come up before someone else takes them. i have to sit there for many hours sometimes with no work comming up a tall. what i want to do is set up my computer to refresh the web page automatically and give my index finger a holiday. i would also like to beable to get the computer to alert me if a suitable shift came up. on the web site a suitable shift is signafied by the code "saux" appearing next to it. this could be done by giving me an audible alert?
    : :
    : : is this possible? if so, how? is there soft ware to do this?
    : : i just need pointing in the right direction to enable me to achieve this.
    : : many thanks
    : : onions
    : [green]we would have to see the code that makes the page. you can view this by right clicking the web page, click view source, then copy and paste that to a board... like this one!! can't make any promises, depending on how they code the page, eg. what data is immediately available without having to hack the server. i would take a look at it, and let you know if it is possible.
    :
    : give the source, or access to the site, and let's see what we can see:)
    :
    :
    : [green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    : -Russ aka DangeRuss
    :
    :
    [blue]You could also use services like these to monitor the web page: http://www.changedetection.com/monitor.html

All you need to do is enter the URL of the page and your e-mail address to which the notification is sent.
    Of course, you need an e-mail client that would immediately notify you if e-mail is received. I use Messenger Plus! to get an audio-visual alert in such cases.

I don't know how well or how fast it works, but it might be what you are looking for.[/blue]