refreshing windows explorer - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

refreshing windows explorer

i would like to find out if it is possible to programme explorer so that it refreshes automatically and i don't have to spend significant amounts of time pressing refresh or f5 to keep the information on the page updated/live. any help with this would be much appreciated.
many thanks
onion

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : i would like to find out if it is possible to programme explorer so that it refreshes automatically and i don't have to spend significant amounts of time pressing refresh or f5 to keep the information on the page updated/live. any help with this would be much appreciated.
    : many thanks
    : onion
    :
    When or why should it be refreshing?

The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : : i would like to find out if it is possible to programme explorer so that it refreshes automatically and i don't have to spend significant amounts of time pressing refresh or f5 to keep the information on the page updated/live. any help with this would be much appreciated.
    : : many thanks
    : : onion
    : :
    : When or why should it be refreshing?
    :
    : The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :
    [blue]Windows Explorer already refreshes automatically. If you run some program saving files into a folder and you look at that folder in Explorer - you should see how the folders fills with files.[/blue]
  • onionsonions Posts: 6Member
    : : i would like to find out if it is possible to programme explorer so that it refreshes automatically and i don't have to spend significant amounts of time pressing refresh or f5 to keep the information on the page updated/live. any help with this would be much appreciated.
    : : many thanks
    : : onion
    : When or why should it be refreshing?
    :
    : The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :

• onionsonions Posts: 6Member
    : : : i would like to find out if it is possible to programme explorer so that it refreshes automatically and i don't have to spend significant amounts of time pressing refresh or f5 to keep the information on the page updated/live. any help with this would be much appreciated.
    : : : many thanks
    : : : onion
    : : :
    : : When or why should it be refreshing?
    : : The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : i am a nurse and i get my shifts of the website of my employer. the shifts are updated continuously and i have to sit there pressing f5 every 10 seconds waiting for suitable shifts to come up before someone else takes them. i have to sit there for many hours sometimes with no work comming up a tall. what i want to do is set up my computer to refresh automatically and give my index finger a holiday. i would also like to beable to get the computer to alert me if a suitable shift came up. on the web site a suitable shift is signafied by the code "saux".this could be done by giving me an audible alert?

i just need pointing in the right direction to enable me to achieve this.

many thanks
    onions

:

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : : : : i would like to find out if it is possible to programme explorer so that it refreshes automatically and i don't have to spend significant amounts of time pressing refresh or f5 to keep the information on the page updated/live. any help with this would be much appreciated.
    : : : : many thanks
    : : : : onion
    : : : :
    : : : When or why should it be refreshing?
    : : : The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : : i am a nurse and i get my shifts of the website of my employer. the shifts are updated continuously and i have to sit there pressing f5 every 10 seconds waiting for suitable shifts to come up before someone else takes them. i have to sit there for many hours sometimes with no work comming up a tall. what i want to do is set up my computer to refresh automatically and give my index finger a holiday. i would also like to beable to get the computer to alert me if a suitable shift came up. on the web site a suitable shift is signafied by the code "saux".this could be done by giving me an audible alert?
    :
    : i just need pointing in the right direction to enable me to achieve this.
    :
    : many thanks
    : onions
    :
    :
    :
    OK, it's IE, then asc your employer to add a metatag that does that, or if the site got frames, copy the main file and add a meta tag

I don't know how to make it alert though

The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]