proper sentences - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

proper sentences

Helo, how are you all? I was given a title, which i need to write a assembly program which convert the sentences in the file to the proper sentences, but it is not spelling checking... So I really need somebody help me....Please help me.....
I only have a concept which convert the every capital after fullstop and enter to the big capital....but i fail to do it.
About my idea, firstly, i would like change the 1st capital of the file to the big capital, then i will start scan it until it reach fullstop or enter then it jump into procedure "convert" to convert it to the big capital, then i will rewrite it and save it.....then back to the place where i meet the intterupt and continue scan.
But i don't know how to write it in asm program....
So please help me....

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    [blue]What is a fullstop?
    What is enter?

If enter is a new line symbol, then your sentence:

The bad
    dog.

Will become:

The bad
    Dog.

I think it is not a proper sentence.[/blue]

: Helo, how are you all? I was given a title, which i need to write a assembly program which convert the sentences in the file to the proper sentences, but it is not spelling checking... So I really need somebody help me....Please help me.....
    : I only have a concept which convert the every capital after fullstop and enter to the big capital....but i fail to do it.
    : About my idea, firstly, i would like change the 1st capital of the file to the big capital, then i will start scan it until it reach fullstop or enter then it jump into procedure "convert" to convert it to the big capital, then i will rewrite it and save it.....then back to the place where i meet the intterupt and continue scan.
    : But i don't know how to write it in asm program....
    : So please help me....
    :

• NgukatLungNgukatLung Posts: 3Member
    What i mean is after the fullstop, if have space or enter then, it should be in big capital.....but if don't have then, it should not be big capital.
    As a example::
    programmersheaven.com but c no need in big capital....

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : What i mean is after the fullstop, if have space or enter then, it should be in big capital.....but if don't have then, it should not be big capital.
    : As a example::
    : programmersheaven.com but c no need in big capital....
    :
    :
    This is how to do it in high psuedo:
    [code]
    foreach byte in inputfile
    if bbbyte = . and bbyte = space and byte < A
    byte += 32

write byte to outputfile
    bbbyte = bbyte
    bbyte = byte
    [/code]

This is almost C++
    Convert it to asm and your done.

The thing you'll need to know is how to read a file, wich I don't know how.

The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : : What i mean is after the fullstop, if have space or enter then, it should be in big capital.....but if don't have then, it should not be big capital.
    : : As a example::
    : : programmersheaven.com but c no need in big capital....
    : :
    : :
    : This is how to do it in high psuedo:
    : [code]
    : foreach byte in inputfile
    : if bbbyte = . and bbyte = space and byte < A
    : byte += 32
    :
    : write byte to outputfile
    : bbbyte = bbyte
    : bbyte = byte
    : [/code]
    :
    : This is almost C++
    : Convert it to asm and your done.
    :
    : The thing you'll need to know is how to read a file, wich I don't know how.
    :
    : The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :
    [blue]
    Check here:

http://www.ctyme.com/intr/int-21.htm

It is for DOS programming.[/blue]