Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

problem running turbo C++

Daod43Daod43 Posts: 19Member
Hi, I have a problem running Turbo C++, I got an error message every time I try to open it: "The system file it is no apropriate to execute aplications MS-DOS and Windows", I want to know why this is happening, and how can I fix it. thnx!

Comments

• Griz803Griz803 Posts: 100Member
    : Hi, I have a problem running Turbo C++, I got an error message every time I try to open it: "The system file it is no apropriate to execute aplications MS-DOS and Windows", I want to know why this is happening, and how can I fix it. thnx!
    :

I'm guessing here that you are trying to run it in Windows XP or some such? If that is the case, check your OS manual or help files to see how to run DOS based programs. I'd give you the details, but I'm personally XP challenged.

Another option would be to get a more modern compiler system. A good one is Dev-C++. It is free, stable and has lots of extra libraries. It is capable of compiling C, C++ and creating console applications, Windows applications, DLLs and static libraries. It can be found here:
    http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html I hope this helps you.