Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

newbie question about privileges

guinness4allguinness4all Member Posts: 10
Could someone clarify this question.

If you create a table (in Oracle), who can pass along privileges to other users on your table?

Is it only the table owner who can pass along privileges to other users on the table? I created a table under a new user and when I tried select on that table from the system account I couldn't see it. Is the system account DBA? Can DBA see any table created by any user? It looks to me that only the table owner can pass privileges. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : Could someone clarify this question.
    :
    : If you create a table (in Oracle), who can pass along privileges to other users on your table?
    :
    : Is it only the table owner who can pass along privileges to other users on the table? I created a table under a new user and when I tried select on that table from the system account I couldn't see it. Is the system account DBA? Can DBA see any table created by any user? It looks to me that only the table owner can pass privileges. Any help would be appreciated.

Any user who can login "as sysdba" should be able to grant privileges like that. Not just the table owner.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]