Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can someone submit a tetris game in C++ language?

I would like to see how games's programming is be done. I heard that tetris is the easiest thing to start with so i would like someone to submit one in c++ language.

Comments

• MT2002MT2002 Member Posts: 1,444
    : I would like to see how games's programming is be done. I heard that tetris is the easiest thing to start with so i would like someone to submit one in c++ language.
    :
    [blue]
    Nah--Pong is the easiest :-) I got a tetris game I
    made with Win32/DirectX, but it was hacked together..
    (the graphics is nice though). I dont have web hosting
    atm, nor cant put it here (its 987 lines).

If you want to learn game dev, I recommend picking
    up "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus".
    It has ugly code, but is the best book IMO.[/blue]
  • bluecorebluecore Member Posts: 34
    : I would like to see how games's programming is be done. I heard that tetris is the easiest thing to start with so i would like someone to submit one in c++ language.
    :
    I don't think tetris is the easiest thing to start but i think at him for a while and my ideea sound's like this: first make a big matrix where i put the pieces, a piece will be a smaller matrix with dimension variables ( height, weidth), a function for it that will rotate the matrix .For now i have some problems with the console positioning and interactive imput( when i press a key for example "->" to move the piece and not wait for enter).
    After 1 second the smaler matrix moves down with a position, and then reload the big matrix to the screen.
    I just need to implement it.I think this the easiest solution, harder is in a graphic library but looks more cool.
    I hope it helps you this post.:-)
  • imakaiaimakaia Member Posts: 38

: I don't think tetris is the easiest thing to start but i think at him for a while and my ideea sound's like this: first make a big matrix where i put the pieces, a piece will be a smaller matrix with dimension variables ( height, weidth), a function for it that will rotate the matrix .For now i have some problems with the console positioning and interactive imput( when i press a key for example "->" to move the piece and not wait for enter).
    : After 1 second the smaler matrix moves down with a position, and then reload the big matrix to the screen.
    : I just need to implement it.I think this the easiest solution, harder is in a graphic library but looks more cool.
    : I hope it helps you this post.:-)
    :

Well an example would help me more. Perhaps i don't have the proper level of knowledge in C++ yet.So i know how to handle with functions and classes and inline, Pointers and references and logical operands and loops.Is this enough?
    If you have the code of a simple game in C++ VS6.0 compiler can you submit it?
  • imakaiaimakaia Member Posts: 38
    Well i just learned how to design somekind of shapes but i don't know can you give them map coordinates
  • MT2002MT2002 Member Posts: 1,444
    : Well i just learned how to design somekind of shapes but i don't know can you give them map coordinates
    :
    [blue]
    Im not sure what you are asking..How to represent the peices
    in a tilemap?[/blue]
  • (cc)(cc) Member Posts: 23
    : : Well i just learned how to design somekind of shapes but i don't know can you give them map coordinates
    : :
    : [blue]
    : Im not sure what you are asking..How to represent the peices
    : in a tilemap?[/blue]
    :
    not sure if this was mentioned before but here is one

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=192483