How Do I Start Game in Assembly - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How Do I Start Game in Assembly

Dear All,

I have an assignment regardign the snake game in Assembly Language under FreeBSD 4.8.

I need assistance in this regard

Comments

• addyk2004addyk2004 Posts: 60Member
    : Dear All,
    :
    : I have an assignment regardign the snake game in Assembly Language under FreeBSD 4.8.
    :
    : I need assistance in this regard
    :
    :
    :
    [blue]
    Does your assignment specificaly say that you have to do it in assembley? I don't recommend doing a program like a game in assembley, because you have to work very much to one. But you can do it in C++ and have the code transfered to ASM if you want :P .
    I do not know much about ASM, the only ASM code was the one I wrote for my programs (inline).
    I hope you make the program in C++, If not, I hope you find somebody that knows how to help you more.
    [/blue]
    [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    ASM is not well documented in unix so it will be twice as harder than dos.

: : Dear All,
    : :
    : : I have an assignment regardign the snake game in Assembly Language under FreeBSD 4.8.
    : : I need assistance in this regard
    : [blue]
    : Does your assignment specificaly say that you have to do it in assembley? I don't recommend doing a program like a game in assembley, because you have to work very much to one. But you can do it in C++ and have the code transfered to ASM if you want :P .
    : I do not know much about ASM, the only ASM code was the one I wrote for my programs (inline).
    : I hope you make the program in C++, If not, I hope you find somebody that knows how to help you more.
    : [/blue]
    : [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]
    :
    :

• addyk2004addyk2004 Posts: 60Member
    : ASM is not well documented in unix so it will be twice as harder than dos.
    :
    [blue]
    But what about C++, can't you use C++?
    [/blue]
    [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]

• MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : Dear All,
    :
    : I have an assignment regardign the snake game in Assembly Language under FreeBSD 4.8.
    :
    : I need assistance in this regard
    [blue]
    What do you need help with? Is it video or text?
    What OS?

Also, this may be better posted in the asm forums.
    You are sure to get more help there.[/blue]
  • hmfkhanhmfkhan Posts: 4Member
    : : Dear All,
    : : I have an assignment regardign the snake game in Assembly Language under FreeBSD 4.8.
    : : I need assistance in this regard
    : [blue]
    : What do you need help with? Is it video or text?
    : What OS?
    :
    : Also, this may be better posted in the asm forums.
    : You are sure to get more help there.[/blue]
    :
    OK dear... i will go to ASM forum to post it .... anyways..it will be text game .. i think so and the OS will be freeBSD.

• MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : : : Dear All,
    : : :
    : : : I have an assignment regardign the snake game in Assembly Language under FreeBSD 4.8.
    : : :
    : : : I need assistance in this regard
    : : [blue]
    : : What do you need help with? Is it video or text?
    : : What OS?
    : : Also, this may be better posted in the asm forums.
    : : You are sure to get more help there.[/blue]
    : OK dear... i will go to ASM forum to post it .... anyways..it will be text game .. i think so and the OS will be freeBSD.
    :
    [blue]
    I also asked "What do you need help with?" We
    dont do others homework. We also need to know
    what assembler you are using.

freeBSD is compatible with x86 assembly, so your
    first step is getting a good assembler (NASM,MASM,
    TASM,etc..)

I would be glad to help you start, but will not
    write your homework for you (although I might do
    it for fun on my spare time) :-)
    [/blue]