Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Passing array informaton to another web page

Hello all, here is what I am trying to do.

A user fills out a form in which they enter a number of servers. This form is sent to another page where it is stored in SQL, but I now what that second page to auto generate multipler forms. The number of forms are depending on how many servers the user entered on the previous page.

All that is working fine. My problem is that once I have the forms on the page, I cannot get the form field data to post to the next page after submition.

Any thoughts?

I am currently taking the array to generate the forms in VBscript, so a form field name would be server(1) for example.

Could use some help here......

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Comments

• aaronjones3593aaronjones3593 Member Posts: 122
    : Hello all, here is what I am trying to do.
    :
    : A user fills out a form in which they enter a number of servers. This form is sent to another page where it is stored in SQL, but I now what that second page to auto generate multipler forms. The number of forms are depending on how many servers the user entered on the previous page.
    :
    : All that is working fine. My problem is that once I have the forms on the page, I cannot get the form field data to post to the next page after submition.
    :
    : Any thoughts?
    :
    : I am currently taking the array to generate the forms in VBscript, so a form field name would be server(1) for example.
    :
    : Could use some help here......
    :
    : Thanks in advance,
    : Scott
    :

dont exactly know what you mean or ar trying to do but have you tried storing the array in a cookie or the session object? also, you could POST or GET to another page and reference the individual names of the HTML elements in the form
  • x_rayx_ray Member Posts: 71

:
    : dont exactly know what you mean or ar trying to do but have you tried storing the array in a cookie or the session object? also, you could POST or GET to another page and reference the individual names of the HTML elements in the form
    :
    i have somewhat similar problem and i need to pass an array to another asp page, you mentioned the session object,can you please tell me how to use it to store an array using javascript. 10x a lot
    :
    : :
    : : dont exactly know what you mean or ar trying to do but have you tried storing the array in a cookie or the session object? also, you could POST or GET to another page and reference the individual names of the HTML elements in the form
    : i have somewhat similar problem and i need to pass an array to another asp page, you mentioned the session object,can you please tell me how to use it to store an array using javascript. 10x a lot
    :
    ucant use javascript to set ASP session objects, javascript is client side script.

Use ASP to set session data, with the following code:

[code]
    Session("someVariable") = "SomeValue"
    [/code]

someVariable can be accessed as follows:

[code]
    Dim something = Session("someVariable")
    [/code]

Session() object relies on cookies being enabled in the clients browser, so beware.

Also, only accessible on website and path (and sub-folders) of the script that set it.
  • x_rayx_ray Member Posts: 71
    : : :
    : : : dont exactly know what you mean or ar trying to do but have you tried storing the array in a cookie or the session object? also, you could POST or GET to another page and reference the individual names of the HTML elements in the form
    : : i have somewhat similar problem and i need to pass an array to another asp page, you mentioned the session object,can you please tell me how to use it to store an array using javascript. 10x a lot
    : ucant use javascript to set ASP session objects, javascript is client side script.
    :
    : Use ASP to set session data, with the following code:
    :
    : [code]
    : Session("someVariable") = "SomeValue"
    : [/code]
    :
    : someVariable can be accessed as follows:
    :
    : [code]
    : Dim something = Session("someVariable")
    : [/code]
    :
    : Session() object relies on cookies being enabled in the clients browser, so beware.
    :
    : Also, only accessible on website and path (and sub-folders) of the script that set it.
    :
    10x a lot, also on the remaining of the information because i faced it too :)
    : : : :
    : : : : dont exactly know what you mean or ar trying to do but have you tried storing the array in a cookie or the session object? also, you could POST or GET to another page and reference the individual names of the HTML elements in the form
    : : : :
    : : : i have somewhat similar problem and i need to pass an array to another asp page, you mentioned the session object,can you please tell me how to use it to store an array using javascript. 10x a lot
    : : ucant use javascript to set ASP session objects, javascript is client side script.
    : : Use ASP to set session data, with the following code:
    : : [code]
    : : Session("someVariable") = "SomeValue"
    : : [/code]
    : : someVariable can be accessed as follows:
    : : [code]
    : : Dim something = Session("someVariable")
    : : [/code]
    : : Session() object relies on cookies being enabled in the clients browser, so beware.
    : : Also, only accessible on website and path (and sub-folders) of the script that set it.
    : 10x a lot, also on the remaining of the information because i faced it too :)
    :

np :P