Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Crystal Report 10

I am trying to get enbedded reports to open on a machine that does have crystal installed on it. I follow all the instructions given by vb and crystal, but still i get a error
The error on the machine:
See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument" threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): COM object with CLSID {CF76A644-314B-404D-8D45-F08B51FF990B} is either not valid or not registered.

Help Please !?!

Comments

• dirkopdirkop Member Posts: 1
    : I am trying to get enbedded reports to open on a machine that does have crystal installed on it. I follow all the instructions given by vb and crystal, but still i get a error
    : The error on the machine:
    : See the end of this message for details on invoking
    :
    : just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    :
    :
    :
    : ************** Exception Text **************
    :
    : System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument" threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): COM object with CLSID {CF76A644-314B-404D-8D45-F08B51FF990B} is either not valid or not registered.
    :
    : Help Please !?!
    :
    :

Hello,

i have the same Problem!
    Has anyone an answer?

Help!
  • jbassmanpjbassmanp Member Posts: 160
    : : I am trying to get enbedded reports to open on a machine that does have crystal installed on it. I follow all the instructions given by vb and crystal, but still i get a error
    : : The error on the machine:
    : : See the end of this message for details on invoking
    : :
    : : just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    : : ************** Exception Text **************
    : : System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument" threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): COM object with CLSID {CF76A644-314B-404D-8D45-F08B51FF990B} is either not valid or not registered.
    : : Help Please !?!
    :
    :
    : Hello,
    :
    : i have the same Problem!
    : Has anyone an answer?
    :
    : Help!
    :
    Here is my Idea... Even if you are just running embedded reports the runtime version of Cyrstal Reports must still be installed. This should comes with your version of Visual Basic- if you have the Profession versions. Embedded does not mean you don't need this runtime. Just means you don't need the report on the machine as it is embeded in the Application. There are pros and con on embedded. I use to do embedded but found that if a clent wanted a slight change in the report. I had to rebuild entire program. Non-embedded allows me to keep there installed apps untouched and only the individual Reports needed replacing. Saved me time and trouble. Good luck with your coding.
    Jbassmanp