option button and frame question - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

option button and frame question

I setup a form with other things a few frames with option buttons inside them. my problem is, I want the options in each frame to be detached from the other frames. It seems when It will onlt allow me to choose 1 option from all the frames rather than one option from each frame. Any ideas on what my problem might be?

James

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : I setup a form with other things a few frames with option buttons inside them. my problem is, I want the options in each frame to be detached from the other frames. It seems when It will onlt allow me to choose 1 option from all the frames rather than one option from each frame. Any ideas on what my problem might be?
    :
    : James
    :
    :
    :

What 'Frame' are you talking about? The control, right?

In VB an Option Button is linked to each other Option Button in the same Container. The trick to seperate Option Buttons from each other is to put them in different containers. For example, the Frame control is a container, so option buttons placed in different frames are not linked.

Are you using VB6? Or VB.NET? I don't think it makes a difference, but perhaps VB.NET uses different rules for binding the controls together.

So as I see it, it should work just fine.

Greets...
    Richard

• jamesooooojamesooooo Posts: 26Member
    : : I setup a form with other things a few frames with option buttons inside them. my problem is, I want the options in each frame to be detached from the other frames. It seems when It will onlt allow me to choose 1 option from all the frames rather than one option from each frame. Any ideas on what my problem might be?
    : :
    : : James
    :
    : What 'Frame' are you talking about? The control, right?
    :
    : In VB an Option Button is linked to each other Option Button in the same Container. The trick to seperate Option Buttons from each other is to put them in different containers. For example, the Frame control is a container, so option buttons placed in different frames are not linked.
    :
    : Are you using VB6? Or VB.NET? I don't think it makes a difference, but perhaps VB.NET uses different rules for binding the controls together.
    :
    : So as I see it, it should work just fine.
    :
    : Greets...
    : Richard
    :
    :
    Sorry, I have 7 frame controls and 1 has 3 option buttons and the other 6 have 4 each. But the trouble is that all seem to be linked :( I am not sure why they are linked. any ideas on what i should check? Oh, I am using Visual Basic 6
  • infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Sorry, I have 7 frame controls and 1 has 3 option buttons and the other 6 have 4 each. But the trouble is that all seem to be linked :( I am not sure why they are linked. any ideas on what i should check? Oh, I am using Visual Basic 6

Make sure they are actually "on" the frames rather than just "in front of" the frames. Try moving one of your frames, do the radio buttons move with it? If not, they are really on the Form itself and just happen to be displayed in front of the Frames. To fix this, select the controls you want grouped together, Ctrl-X to cut them from the form, then select the Frame you want them on and Ctrl-V to paste them there.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• jamesooooojamesooooo Posts: 26Member
    : : Sorry, I have 7 frame controls and 1 has 3 option buttons and the other 6 have 4 each. But the trouble is that all seem to be linked :( I am not sure why they are linked. any ideas on what i should check? Oh, I am using Visual Basic 6
    :
    : Make sure they are actually "on" the frames rather than just "in front of" the frames. Try moving one of your frames, do the radio buttons move with it? If not, they are really on the Form itself and just happen to be displayed in front of the Frames. To fix this, select the controls you want grouped together, Ctrl-X to cut them from the form, then select the Frame you want them on and Ctrl-V to paste them there.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    That Was It! Thank You VERY Much.. :) :) :)