Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Acsessing access with non-OOP C

Gregry2Gregry2 Member Posts: 607
Can i program whatever in C rather than in VB? I really dont want to learn vb or anything to do wiht microsoft technologies right now, i like programming real programs. But here where i am, they like this stuff better.

I like unix types and hope to go there one day instead.

thanx all.
{2}rIng

Comments

• splansingsplansing Member Posts: 140
    : Can i program whatever in C rather than in VB? I really dont want to learn vb or anything to do wiht microsoft technologies right now, i like programming real programs. But here where i am, they like this stuff better.
    :
    : I like unix types and hope to go there one day instead.
    :
    : thanx all.
    : {2}rIng
    :
    Do you use C++? If you write your own object-oriented language, VBA isn't going to be like learning a new language. You'll just need to get familiar with some of the more common built-in functions and methods available.
  • Gregry2Gregry2 Member Posts: 607
    : : Can i program whatever in C rather than in VB? I really dont want to learn vb or anything to do wiht microsoft technologies right now, i like programming real programs. But here where i am, they like this stuff better.
    : :
    : : I like unix types and hope to go there one day instead.
    : : thanx all.
    : : {2}rIng
    : Do you use C++? If you write your own object-oriented language, VBA isn't going to be like learning a new language. You'll just need to get familiar with some of the more common built-in functions and methods available.
    :

no, no OOP, thats what im asking. Is it possible? Access doesn't have a straight API, does it?

thanx
    {2}rIng