Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Tab Controls

garrywdelgarrywdel Member Posts: 4
Hi
If any one can help please, I have an Access db with several tables and several forms, I was going to try putting all of my forms on to a tab page form. I can get the first form to work on page 1 by cut and paste but can't get the other pagers to work. Can this be done or is the tab control only suitable for splitting a single form.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Member Posts: 532
    : Hi
    : If any one can help please, I have an Access db with several tables and several forms, I was going to try putting all of my forms on to a tab page form. I can get the first form to work on page 1 by cut and paste but can't get the other pagers to work. Can this be done or is the tab control only suitable for splitting a single form.
    : Thanks in advance for any help.
    :

It can be done but you may need to set the LinkMasterFields/LinkChildFields on your tab control object.
    Actually, if you place many forms on a tab control the performance will suffer since each dataset needs to load when the form first opens. You can speed things up by setting the master/child fields when each tab is clicked on, so that only the viewed records are loaded.

• garrywdelgarrywdel Member Posts: 4
    : : Hi
    : : If any one can help please, I have an Access db with several tables and several forms, I was going to try putting all of my forms on to a tab page form. I can get the first form to work on page 1 by cut and paste but can't get the other pagers to work. Can this be done or is the tab control only suitable for splitting a single form.
    : : Thanks in advance for any help.
    : :
    :
    : It can be done but you may need to set the LinkMasterFields/LinkChildFields on your tab control object.
    : Actually, if you place many forms on a tab control the performance will suffer since each dataset needs to load when the form first opens. You can speed things up by setting the master/child fields when each tab is clicked on, so that only the viewed records are loaded.
    :
    :
    Thanks dokken2 it will take me a little while to try that but will let you know how I get on.