Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

edit word document

samoteksamotek Member Posts: 9
Is it possible to open the word document called Notes in My Documents from within Access, write some notes and then save it.Then to open this same document from another place in Access, say another form, write further notes and then save agan.I didnt hear something of the kind up to now and i am curious about the opinion of the professionals

Comments

• splansingsplansing Member Posts: 140
    : Is it possible to open the word document called Notes in My Documents from within Access, write some notes and then save it.Then to open this same document from another place in Access, say another form, write further notes and then save agan.I didnt hear something of the kind up to now and i am curious about the opinion of the professionals
    :
    You can do it, but it isn't easy. You'll need to get into a visual basic module within Word, and then access the help screens. This will give you information about the many commands you'll need to control a Word document from within Access. You will probably want to buy a book on the subject that explains the various methods available with the Word libary. Do me a favor, and let me know what it's called when you find one... Otherwise, it's a lot of hunting around.