Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Socket error!

When i have a program that its supposed to connect to another pc. Everytime I do so, it show me a error which says, "Socket error 10061 Connection refused".

How could I fix the error?

Thanx

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : When i have a program that its supposed to connect to another pc. Everytime I do so, it show me a error which says, "Socket error 10061 Connection refused".
    :
    : How could I fix the error?
    :
    : Thanx
    :
    This error means either one of two things:
    1 There is no server listening to that port on the host PC.
    2 The firewall blocks that port.
    Solutions:
    1 Make sure the appropiate server is running on the host.
    2 Make sure the firewall allows incoming traffic through that port.
  • edomingos_jredomingos_jr Posts: 83Member
    How can I check all those things?
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : How can I check all those things?
    :
    1: Depends on which port. I'm not going to list which server uses one of the 65536 available ports. See www.google.com for that.
    2: Read the help files/manual/documentation that comes with your firewall. I cannot describe the procedure for each and every firewall in existance.