Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Calling Function from modules ?

IlmgardIlmgard Member Posts: 2
Hi, I have a function in module: "Public Function GetCity(OrderNo As Str) As String". But when I tried to call it from an event procedure from a form, it says "Compile error: User-defined type not defined".
I suppose I have to do function declaration somewhere ? I don't have User-defined type as I use the regular types for my variables.

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Member Posts: 532
    : Hi, I have a function in module: "Public Function GetCity(OrderNo As Str) As String". But when I tried to call it from an event procedure from a form, it says "Compile error: User-defined type not defined".
    : I suppose I have to do function declaration somewhere ? I don't have User-defined type as I use the regular types for my variables.
    :

Modules are global- all forms, modules, reports, and queries can "see" a function/sub in a module as long as it is declared as Public.
    The reverse is not true, if your function is declared in a form or report, it is local to that object alone.

In the visual basic editor, have you tried to debug/compile to compile all the source code?