src of image (help help help) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

src of image (help help help)

royaroya Posts: 18Member
Hello,
Please help me.
I have written a program that get a url and show the web page . I must read source of the web page and find img tags and so on. Then I should download them with WebDownload Function .
But I have a problem. When there is some variable of pages in the tag I dont know what will I do. Because I dont know how can I access to the value of these variables. Please help me. Its very emergency.

Example of such tags:
< img src="add/bb/" + browD + ".gif"

in this example browD is a internal variable in page. ( my code is in c#)

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    Well if the code is C# (not javascript), then you should have no problem. However this depends on how you are requesting the web page ...

If you are using a WebRequest and WebResponse object, the code in the website should be parsed and converted completely to HTML automatically. Then it is a matter of parsing the image tags out.

If you are phsyically opening the ASPX file using the filesystem classes, then you are mostly out of luck. You could write a regular expression to parse out image variables, but you can not really predict all the formats.

• royaroya Posts: 18Member
    : Well if the code is C# (not javascript), then you should have no problem. However this depends on how you are requesting the web page ...
    :
    : If you are using a WebRequest and WebResponse object, the code in the website should be parsed and converted completely to HTML automatically. Then it is a matter of parsing the image tags out.
    :
    : If you are phsyically opening the ASPX file using the filesystem classes, then you are mostly out of luck. You could write a regular expression to parse out image variables, but you can not really predict all the formats.
    :
    : hello,
    1) my code gets an url and makes a request for it . then manipulates source of response. It uses webRequest and webResponse .
    it uses below code for getting source of the code in string.

Stream objStream = wrResponse.GetResponseStream();
    StreamReader objStreamReader = new StreamReader(objStream);
    String src=objStreamReader.ReadToEnd();

So I can't restore the value of internal variables from src variable because it is a string.
    What do you think of this : May be I can solve this problem by writing javascript code . for example by adding a javascript code in source of a webpage that this code read source of img tags and write them at a text file.( because when writing sourc of objects by this way internal variables will replace) .
    I have writed such code that write source of image tags by below code :
    Document.write (document.images(i).src)
    For each of img tags and I've got correct result . but I could not write resuls in to a file.(with javascript language) . can you help me ?

: