Seating plan - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Seating plan

gaddagadda Posts: 34Member
Makers are required to write a computer program for the school annual dinner registration. During the data collection stage, personal information of the participants is required to be input into the program,i.e. name of the participants, sex,age.

The program should validate all input data and also have functions to amend the input data

At the end of the registration period, the program should generate a seating plan of the anniversary dinner for the organising committee in a text file. Makers should clearly define the seat allocation rules and any other system parameters such as table size. Some possible seat allocation rules are as follow:

1.Grouping family members together
2.balancing male and female participants
3.grouping similar age participants
4.grouping similar employment participants

The program should consider at least TWO seat allocation rules at the same time to generate a seating plan .

Comments

• doofusboydoofusboy Posts: 256Member
    And what, exactly, is your question?
  • gaddagadda Posts: 34Member
    : And what, exactly, is your question?
    :
    i don't know how to make a funtion & how to combine them.
  • BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : : And what, exactly, is your question?
    : :
    : i don't know how to make a funtion & how to combine them.
    :

How to combine them is a logical problem, not a programming problem. But don't get me wrong: it's perfectly OK to ask questioned about it. It just means that you have to get the logic first and then start programming.

The way I see it is you make one of the algorithms the primary algorithm. I personally would choose the family as primary. Then take another as secondary, for instance employees who know eachother go together.

Have one function that takes or reads the people that are there. Then start creating groups of people called a Family.
    Once you have the family grouped, use a second function to group these families according to a secondary algorithm. For example, employees with the same type of work together. You just check each family for the professions they have. I suggest you make groups of those too. What you do is you check each possible group according to the algorithm and check if there is a table that holds exactly that amount of persons.

I know, it's still a bit fusy, but it might just get you on your way... If you have another (or better) idea, just let us know and we might be able to help you implement it.

Greets...
    Richard