server error in inserting records - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

server error in inserting records

kitborlangkitborlang Posts: 1Member
Sir,

There has been an error all the time when i try to insert any records on my database using asp.net and asp.Although the queries and syntax are correct but all the time i receive this message "operations must use an updateable queery".
with due respect i want you to find this out and help me find out the solutions.
YOurs sincerely
kitbor.

Comments

• GogiGogi Posts: 258Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Gogi at 2005-8-27 10:40:19[/red][/b][hr]
    : Sir,
    :
    : There has been an error all the time when i try to insert any records on my database using asp.net and asp.Although the queries and syntax are correct but all the time i receive this message "operations must use an updateable queery".
    : with due respect i want you to find this out and help me find out the solutions.
    : YOurs sincerely
    : kitbor.
    :
    :

I had a similar problem in VB6 and Access.
    It was because my DB was marked as read-only.

• raylouwraylouw Posts: 30Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Gogi at 2005-8-27
    10:40:19[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Sir,
    : :
    : : There has been an error all the time when i try to insert any records on my database using asp.net and asp.Although the queries and syntax are correct but all the time i receive this message "operations must use an updateable queery".
    : : with due respect i want you to find this out and help me find out the solutions.
    : : YOurs sincerely
    : : kitbor.
    :
    : I had a similar problem in VB6 and Access.
    : It was because my DB was marked as read-only.
    :
    :
    :

There are several things that may cause this ODBC error. Many of the possible reasons are listed in the table below.

1.The permissions that are set on the directory the database is in. IUSR privileges must be set to "read/write".

2.The permissions on the database itself do not have full read/write privileges in effect.

3.This error can also occur when the database is located outside of the inetpub/wwwroot directory. Though the information is still able to be viewed and searched, it cannot be updated unless it is in the wwwroot directory.