Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Installation problem!

I had a problem installing my database application. I used VB and ms-access. On some computer I can install the software and its work fine, but on some PC it gives setup error like - "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like to update these files.........." And even when click OK, it reboots but the same message keep coming. And on other case it gives VB error 5.

Any knows how to solve this problem, so that I can install my program on whatever computer as needed.

Thank you.

Zela.

Comments

• GogiGogi Member Posts: 258
    : I had a problem installing my database application. I used VB and ms-access. On some computer I can install the software and its work fine, but on some PC it gives setup error like - "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like to update these files.........." And even when click OK, it reboots but the same message keep coming. And on other case it gives VB error 5.
    :
    : Any knows how to solve this problem, so that I can install my program on whatever computer as needed.
    :
    : Thank you.
    :
    : Zela.
    :
    :

Is this what you are looking for?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q191096
  • zaib_awanzaib_awan Member Posts: 9
    : : I had a problem installing my database application. I used VB and ms-access. On some computer I can install the software and its work fine, but on some PC it gives setup error like - "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like to update these files.........." And even when click OK, it reboots but the same message keep coming. And on other case it gives VB error 5.
    : :
    : : Any knows how to solve this problem, so that I can install my program on whatever computer as needed.
    : : Thank you.
    : : Zela.
    :
    :
    : Is this what you are looking for?
    : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q191096
    :

Note down the Name of Files and Remove from your Package then it will work on all system.
    Other Case is Use Install Shield Xpress to Develop an installer. which will work on all MS operting systems.