HELP! Automate Mail merge using ODBC into a Secure Access Database - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

HELP! Automate Mail merge using ODBC into a Secure Access Database

After securing my Access 97 database, and

established user-level password and access permissions, I started getting the

error message "Word could not open the data source" every time I try to run mail

merges. I have entered UID:= and PWD:= portions of the connection string, and researched every article and

information site that I can find. Is there another way to establish that data source

connection in Word 97 for the Mail Merge? HELP!

One of my reference books (VB4) speaks to the issue of the Jet engine

not being able to open password protected files. Is that the problem?

Can I bypass the Jet engine & still execute the mail merge command from Access?

Due to formatting and saving issues, recreating the documents as reports is

not an option.

Connection string is:

constr = "DSN=MS Access 97 Database;UID=****;PWD=****;DBQ=C:My Documentsdbs.mdb;FIL=RedISAM;"

Mail merge command line I am using is:

mailmerge.OpenDataSource Name:="C:My Documentsdbs.mdb", ReadOnly:=False, LinkToSource:=True, _

Connection:=constr, SqlStatement:="Select * from [" & qry & "]"

Comments

• Have you tried manually creating the mail merge from within Word? How about using a DSN that contains the user information?? I have to do this to connect to Informix Database Engines and can do it using DSN connections.

Good luck.

• Have you tried manually creating the mail merge from within Word? How about using a DSN that contains the user information?? I have to do this to connect to Informix Database Engines and can do it using DSN connections.

Good luck.

• kensoykensoy Posts: 1Member
    Hi, please help!
    im working with Visual Basic 6.0 and Oracle,

i traing to open a Recorset
    Dim Rec as New ADODB.Recordset
    strSQL="SELECT * FROM Emp"
    Rec.open strSQL, db, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

and Mi problem is:
    Rec.cursortype change to adOpenStatic
    i need to be open adOpenDynamic

my connection are:
    dim db as New ADODB.Connection

db.Open "PROVIDER=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=dim0001;User id=usuario;Password=usuario;"

db.Open "PROVIDER=MSDAORA;Data Source=dim0001;User id=usuario;Password=usuario;"

db.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};server=dim0001;uid=usuario;pwd=usuario;"

db.Open "driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};server=dim0001;uid=usuario;pwd=usuario;"

db.Open "DSN=dim0001;uid=usuario;pwd=usuario"

db.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;Data Source=dim0001;User id=usuario;Password=usuario;"

db.Open "Data Source=dim0001;User id=usuario;Password=usuario;"

db.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;dsn=dim0001;uid=usuario;pwd=usuario;"

i traing all but not work, please help!