Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Key Disabling

Can anyone disable the windows keys in delphi 7? When I say windows keys, I refer to those ones such as Ctrl+Alt+del, Alt+F4, Windows button, Alt+Tab, and the esc button etc...

at least these 5, i am willing to disable.

I appreciate a reply soon!!

Thanx...

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2005-8-14 1:18:55[/red][/b][hr]
    : Can anyone disable the windows keys in delphi 7? When I say windows keys, I refer to those ones such as Ctrl+Alt+del, Alt+F4, Windows button, Alt+Tab, and the esc button etc...
    :
    : at least these 5, i am willing to disable.
    :
    : I appreciate a reply soon!!
    :
    : Thanx...
    :
    In windows 9x/ME you can use the SystemParametersInfo() API function to disable the system keys. Here is a site, which describes how: http://www.delphicorner.f9.co.uk/articles/wapi12.htm
    So far I've been unable to find a similar way to disable the system keys in windows 2000/XP. As far as I know, it is impossible to disable the CTRL+ALT+DEL key, although it should be able to disable all but the "Close" button of the CTRL+ALT+DEL dialog. It should be possible to disable the other system keys.

You could try the BlockInput() API function for win 2k/XP: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/keyboardinput/keyboardinputreference/keyboardinputfunctions/blockinput.asp
  • NCS_OneNCS_One Posts: 170Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2005-8-14 1:18:55[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Can anyone disable the windows keys in delphi 7? When I say windows keys, I refer to those ones such as Ctrl+Alt+del, Alt+F4, Windows button, Alt+Tab, and the esc button etc...
    : :
    : : at least these 5, i am willing to disable.
    : : I appreciate a reply soon!!
    : : Thanx...
    : In windows 9x/ME you can use the SystemParametersInfo() API function to disable the system keys. Here is a site, which describes how: http://www.delphicorner.f9.co.uk/articles/wapi12.htm
    : So far I've been unable to find a similar way to disable the system keys in windows 2000/XP. As far as I know, it is impossible to disable the CTRL+ALT+DEL key, although it should be able to disable all but the "Close" button of the CTRL+ALT+DEL dialog. It should be possible to disable the other system keys.
    :
    : You could try the BlockInput() API function for win 2k/XP: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/keyboardinput/keyboardinputreference/keyboardinputfunctions/blockinput.asp
    :

Hi

I think zibadian is right, i have been trying to disable ctrl+alt+del
    without sucess i even tryed to use asm but didnt work.

If you find something please post it here, thanks.
  • DevelopmentDevelopment Posts: 222Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Development at 2005-8-16 9:49:53[/red][/b][hr]
    [code]
    procedure DisableTaskManager();
    var DTM: Tregistry;
    begin
    DTM:= tregistry.Create;
    DTM.RootKey:= HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    DTM.OpenKey('SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciessystem',false);
    DTM.WriteInteger('DisableTaskMgr',1);
    DTM.Free;
    end;
    [/code]
    [code]
    procedure EnableTaskManager();
    var ETM: Tregistry;
    begin
    ETM:= tregistry.Create;
    ETM.RootKey:= HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    ETM.OpenKey('SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciessystem',false);
    ETM.WriteInteger('DisableTaskMgr',0);
    ETM.Free;
    end;
    [/code]

[code]
    procedure TForm1.RadioButton2Click(Sender: TObject);
    begin
    EnableTaskManager;
    end;

procedure TForm1.RadioButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
    begin
    DisableTaskManager;
    end;
    [/code]

hope this helps
  • NCS_OneNCS_One Posts: 170Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Development at 2005-8-16 9:49:53[/red][/b][hr]
    : [code]
    : procedure DisableTaskManager();
    : var DTM: Tregistry;
    : begin
    : DTM:= tregistry.Create;
    : DTM.RootKey:= HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    : DTM.OpenKey('SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciessystem',false);
    : DTM.WriteInteger('DisableTaskMgr',1);
    : DTM.Free;
    : end;
    : [/code]
    : procedure EnableTaskManager();
    : var ETM: Tregistry;
    : ETM:= tregistry.Create;
    : ETM.RootKey:= HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    : ETM.OpenKey('SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciessystem',false);
    : ETM.WriteInteger('DisableTaskMgr',0);
    : ETM.Free;
    :
    : procedure TForm1.RadioButton2Click(Sender: TObject);
    : EnableTaskManager;
    :
    : procedure TForm1.RadioButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
    : DisableTaskManager;
    :
    : hope this helps
    :

Hi

It didnt work it gaved an Exception error, i looked in my HKEY_CURRENT_USER and couldnt find
    'SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciessystem
    at policies is a 'Explorer' not a 'System' and i serched all
    the regedit and couldnt find 'DisableTaskMgr' key.

Whats wrong ???
  • DevelopmentDevelopment Posts: 222Member
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by Development at 2005-8-16 9:49:53[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [code]
    : : procedure DisableTaskManager();
    : : var DTM: Tregistry;
    : : begin
    : : DTM:= tregistry.Create;
    : : DTM.RootKey:= HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    : : DTM.OpenKey('SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciessystem',false);
    : : DTM.WriteInteger('DisableTaskMgr',1);
    : : DTM.Free;
    : : end;
    : : [/code]
    : : procedure EnableTaskManager();
    : : var ETM: Tregistry;
    : : ETM:= tregistry.Create;
    : : ETM.RootKey:= HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    : : ETM.OpenKey('SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciessystem',false);
    : : ETM.WriteInteger('DisableTaskMgr',0);
    : : ETM.Free;
    : : procedure TForm1.RadioButton2Click(Sender: TObject);
    : : EnableTaskManager;
    : : procedure TForm1.RadioButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
    : : DisableTaskManager;
    : : hope this helps
    :
    : Hi
    :
    : It didnt work it gaved an Exception error, i looked in my HKEY_CURRENT_USER and couldnt find
    : 'SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciessystem
    : at policies is a 'Explorer' not a 'System' and i serched all
    : the regedit and couldnt find 'DisableTaskMgr' key.
    :
    : Whats wrong ???
    :

try this site http://www.pscode.com/vb/scripts/BrowseCategoryOrSearchResults.asp?txtCriteria=ctrl&blnWorldDropDownUsed=TRUE&txtMaxNumberOfEntriesPerPage=10&blnResetAllVariables=TRUE&lngWId=7&B1=Quick+Search&optSort=Alphabetical

Slewis

• zapperonzapperon Posts: 88Member
    I think you have to build a key hooker , that gets the interrupt of Windoes keyboard before any other system gets it and disable them from there.

Zapperon
    ewu@webmail.co.za