Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

What language to learn

It will be interesting to see what kind of debate this is going to bring up, but I was curious as to what programming language would be worth learning at my level. I am a current college graduate persuing a masters degree and looking for a job. I know .net rules the world right now for the most part, but I am unsure if it is wise to learn .net.

I am already somewhat proficient in Java and C/C++ and have recently been doing AI research thus messing around with the functional programming langugaes (LISP, Scheme, ML).

Any opinions?

Comments

• harisankarhharisankarh Posts: 4Member
    : It will be interesting to see what kind of debate this is going to bring up, but I was curious as to what programming language would be worth learning at my level. I am a current college graduate persuing a masters degree and looking for a job. I know .net rules the world right now for the most part, but I am unsure if it is wise to learn .net.
    :
    : I am already somewhat proficient in Java and C/C++ and have recently been doing AI research thus messing around with the functional programming langugaes (LISP, Scheme, ML).
    :
    : Any opinions?
    : go for c#.net

• Hima_BinduHima_Bindu Posts: 36Member
    : It will be interesting to see what kind of debate this is going to bring up, but I was curious as to what programming language would be worth learning at my level. I am a current college graduate persuing a masters degree and looking for a job. I know .net rules the world right now for the most part, but I am unsure if it is wise to learn .net.
    :
    : I am already somewhat proficient in Java and C/C++ and have recently been doing AI research thus messing around with the functional programming langugaes (LISP, Scheme, ML).
    :
    : Any opinions?
    :

As I am a C#.net Developer I too suggest u to even learn that.
    As it's the .net boom we can say ..
    Since u have good knowledge in Java U will n't feel any difficult in programming that
    All the best!
  • mobman80mobman80 Posts: 2Member
    Java java java! It is the widest use programming language for large software projects. I have developed huge software systems like the Visa switch and it's all done with Java

Kris
    http://www.kremsoft.com