Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

HELP! Graphics library creating

MalekovitsMalekovits Member Posts: 24
[b][red]This message was edited by Malekovits at 2005-8-9 5:36:50[/red][/b][hr]
Hi all,

I need help on this:
I 'm interesting in making my own, hardware accelerated, graphics library (something like opengl). Lighting, shadows and all these I 'm gonna copy them from opengl. How I 'm getting started with?

Comments

• GaashiusGaashius Member Posts: 349
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Malekovits at 2005-8-9 5:36:50[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi all,
    :
    : I need help on this:
    : I 'm interesting in making my own, hardware accelerated, graphics library (something like opengl). Lighting, shadows and all these I 'm gonna copy them from opengl. How I 'm getting started with?
    :
    :
    :
    You can use some DirectX/OpenGL DLLs. What you need to know very good: mathematics, C++/similar(eg. Delphi), geometry, hmmm - I think that's all, any other thingys that are in those DLLs. Search for the function list for those DLLs, or you can also use DirectX JEDI headers to build the main of the 3D library, they are very useful.

Hope helped,

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• MalekovitsMalekovits Member Posts: 24
    Thanks for your reply.

-...Search for the function list for those DLLs...-
    Where I will search about this?
  • GaashiusGaashius Member Posts: 349
    : Thanks for your reply.
    :
    : -...Search for the function list for those DLLs...-
    : Where I will search about this?
    :
    At google, or any similar - www.google.co.uk (fastlink)

By the way, if you almost accept some already exported lists, try Glu.pas/cpp/h or everything it's called, depending on what language you need to develop the engine in.

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)