Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

database

i make my project using my friends desktop, now i wanted to transfer the whole thing to my notebook, the prob is i can access the database again this message will appear. "'E:SYSTEM DEVEOPMENTmini projectdb1.mdb' is not a vlid path. Make sure name is spelled corecctly and that you are connected to the server on which to the server on which the file resides." i've change the coding to this
Private Sub Form1()
'
With Adodc1
.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=C:Documents and SettingsclaraDesktopassignment trashmini projectdb1"
.RecordSource = "Assets"
.CommandType = adCmdTable
.LockType = adLockOptimistic
.CursorLocation = adUseClient
.CursorType = adOpenStatic
.Refresh
End With
...but still it remain the same prob.

Comments

• GogiGogi Member Posts: 258
    : i make my project using my friends desktop, now i wanted to transfer the whole thing to my notebook, the prob is i can access the database again this message will appear. "'E:SYSTEM DEVEOPMENTmini projectdb1.mdb' is not a vlid path. Make sure name is spelled corecctly and that you are connected to the server on which to the server on which the file resides." i've change the coding to this
    : Private Sub Form1()
    : '
    : With Adodc1
    : .ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=C:Documents and SettingsclaraDesktopassignment trashmini projectdb1"
    : .RecordSource = "Assets"
    : .CommandType = adCmdTable
    : .LockType = adLockOptimistic
    : .CursorLocation = adUseClient
    : .CursorType = adOpenStatic
    : .Refresh
    : End With
    : ...but still it remain the same prob.
    :

If you are using the Adodc component,maybe try to set ConnectionString in design-time again.

• clarajeanclarajean Member Posts: 4
    : : i make my project using my friends desktop, now i wanted to transfer the whole thing to my notebook, the prob is i can access the database again this message will appear. "'E:SYSTEM DEVEOPMENTmini projectdb1.mdb' is not a vlid path. Make sure name is spelled corecctly and that you are connected to the server on which to the server on which the file resides." i've change the coding to this
    : : Private Sub Form1()
    : : '
    : : With Adodc1
    : : .ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=C:Documents and SettingsclaraDesktopassignment trashmini projectdb1"
    : : .RecordSource = "Assets"
    : : .CommandType = adCmdTable
    : : .LockType = adLockOptimistic
    : : .CursorLocation = adUseClient
    : : .CursorType = adOpenStatic
    : : .Refresh
    : : End With
    : : ...but still it remain the same prob.
    : :
    :
    : If you are using the Adodc component,maybe try to set ConnectionString in design-time again.
    :
    :
    that help... thanks