Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Using Excel Data as Database to VB program

Hi, How can I use an Excel Data with column names as fieldnames into VB program? how can extract data and manipulate it with vb program? thanks..

Comments

• wajahatwajahat Member Posts: 24
    : Hi, How can I use an Excel Data with column names as fieldnames into VB program? how can extract data and manipulate it with vb program? thanks..
    :
    u need database driver for accessing excel data
    u can install it by...
    configure vb installaion or when u r installing vb; where the vb installer ask what file u want to install in ODBC driver or Data ( i am not sure) click on in and click detail and then check the box where excel is written.

• slickDevslickDev Member Posts: 9
    : : Hi, How can I use an Excel Data with column names as fieldnames into VB program? how can extract data and manipulate it with vb program? thanks..
    : :
    : u need database driver for accessing excel data
    : u can install it by...
    : configure vb installaion or when u r installing vb; where the vb installer ask what file u want to install in ODBC driver or Data ( i am not sure) click on in and click detail and then check the box where excel is written.
    :
    :
    You can use the 'ODBC' drivers to connect your VB program to EXCEL file
    First you must create a DSN file and then use that file to connect your program. If you do not know how to create the DSN file, search the MSDN library (search for 'ODBC'). The MSDN Library have many examples about how to get data from an excel file.