Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

SOS: excute search/find/replace function for excel using C#

xboyxxboyx Posts: 10Member
Hi everyone, please help me asap. Im writing a C# application to open an Excel file to retrieve data from it (I use using VS.NET). If I open the excel file using MS Excel, I can easily find a cell that meets some criteria by using Find/Replace function of MS Excel. It would be excellent if I can have the same function when I use C# to read the file, otherwise it would take forever to retrieve all data that I want (I had to write code to look up in every single cell in every worksheet-_-!). Is it possible to call Find/Replace function in Excel in C#? If yes, please write a sample code for me, that would save my life. Thousands of thanks for all of you who're reading this.

Comments

• Yepper65Yepper65 Posts: 29Member
    : Hi everyone, please help me asap. Im writing a C# application to open an Excel file to retrieve data from it (I use using VS.NET). If I open the excel file using MS Excel, I can easily find a cell that meets some criteria by using Find/Replace function of MS Excel. It would be excellent if I can have the same function when I use C# to read the file, otherwise it would take forever to retrieve all data that I want (I had to write code to look up in every single cell in every worksheet-_-!). Is it possible to call Find/Replace function in Excel in C#? If yes, please write a sample code for me, that would save my life. Thousands of thanks for all of you who're reading this.
    :
    Hi xboyx,

There is a sample with code on www.thecodeproject.com, you have to register (for free) before you can download the sampe but the article is also well explained. Please click on the link below to go to the sample.

http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/Package.asp

With friendly greetings,

Yepper65