Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Re: UML in Embedded C?

pgvnayak_mlpgvnayak_ml Member Posts: 19
I have got some new information about using UML concepts for object based design in C. Can we do the same in Embedded C. Could this be of some help to us adn could this include all the advantages of Object oriented programming in Embedded C as it promises to do in C programming.
This article appeared in C/C++ user's journal. I dont exactly remember the month. It was a recent one.

Comments

• LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    : I have got some new information about using UML concepts for object based design in C. Can we do the same in Embedded C. Could this be of some help to us adn could this include all the advantages of Object oriented programming in Embedded C as it promises to do in C programming.
    : This article appeared in C/C++ user's journal. I dont exactly remember the month. It was a recent one.
    :
    :

Well... they got to write something. I don't see how OO modeling ever could be used in a non-OO language. Maybe some parts of UML, like the state charts, could be used. But then embedded programmers have been using state charts long before UML existed, so that isn't anything new.

To get all advantages of OO, use C++. You will of course get the disadvantages as well.