Creating an EXE file in VB - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Creating an EXE file in VB

sajeeshsajeesh Posts: 17Member
Hai,

am doing a project in Vb.it was almost completed. Now i ant to create an exe file for thet.please hp how to create an exe file in Vb.i tried to create it by using Package and diployement wizard..but it was not functioning...

sajeesh

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by BitByBit_Thor at 2005-7-29 5:29:7[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hai,
    :
    : am doing a project in Vb.it was almost completed. Now i ant to create an exe file for thet.please hp how to create an exe file in Vb.i tried to create it by using Package and diployement wizard..but it was not functioning...
    :
    : sajeesh
    :

Use the Compile to EXE option in the IDE... Or in .NET juist Build the application.

Greets...
    Richard

• sajeeshsajeesh Posts: 17Member
    Creating an EXE file

i tried to create EXE file as u told.but its not functioning. am doing project in VB 6 with MS Access as back end.so please help me in detailly.thanks in advance.

How to set Alarm in Visual basic Program

please help me to know, how to create an Alarm on VB project,if date exceeds then Alarm should give us a sound.Like that i want to set it.

sajeesh
  • GogiGogi Posts: 258Member
    : Creating an EXE file
    :
    : i tried to create EXE file as u told.but its not functioning. am doing project in VB 6 with MS Access as back end.so please help me in detailly.thanks in advance.
    :
    : How to set Alarm in Visual basic Program
    :
    : please help me to know, how to create an Alarm on VB project,if date exceeds then Alarm should give us a sound.Like that i want to set it.
    :
    :

To make an EXE in VB6:

Go to "File" menu and select "Make NameOfYourProject.Exe".
    Hai,
    thanks to ur message., but when i tried that method,it is asking the .mdb file.so how to load .mdb file as well as the progran.

sajeesh
  • ranainnetranainnet Posts: 54Member
    : thanks to ur message., but when i tried that method,it is asking the .mdb file.so how to load .mdb file as well as the progran.
    :
    :
    The access database file that u r working with is not in the location u have used in your data access control. Thats why u r facing the problem.

But one thing is not clear to me, if ur .mdb file is not in the right place then vb6 will not restrict u from making the .exe file rather after making the .exe when u'll run the new program then ur program will say that the .mdb file is not found.

i want know how i can refresh the data report in Vb 6.when am using the code,
    DataEnvironment1.Command4 Text5, Text6
    DataReport4.Show
    DataReport4.Refresh
    It is working but if am trying ti open another report at the same time error message is coming like-Run Time Error-3705 and the error messge is like "Operation is Not Allowed When the Object is Open".
    So i tried Like this code,

DataEnvironment1.Command4 Text5, Text6
    DataReport4.Show
    DataReport4.Refresh
    DataEnvironment1.Command4.Close

But then again error comes like, Compile Error-Arguement Not Optional and the error is pointing out to the code dataenvironment1.command4.close of command4.
    so please help me how to refresh the data report all time.

Also i want to know how to create VB EXE. when i tried as u said, its not coming..it shows that .mdb file is missing..but it is in the same directory.so please tell clearly how to use package and deployment wizard or direct EXE method, with ur valuable CODES.
    Its Urgent.
    regards sajeesh

• Shoaib NawazShoaib Nawaz Posts: 13Member
    Use Third Party Tools like Setup Factory, Installed Shield or Wise Installer that form a single exe file.
    : Use Third Party Tools like Setup Factory, Installed Shield or Wise Installer that form a single exe file.
    :
    hai,
    i downloaded the third party tool like setup factory, and installed.then i trid to open my VB project thro' setup factory, then error message like Invalid XML file..shows.i could't get it.please tell me wht to do..
    last time also i downloaded one tool ghost installer but it also occured same problem...

please clarify it..with detailly..
    sajeesh
  • fisehayefisehaye Posts: 3Member
    Hai,

am doing a project in Vb.it was almost completed. Now i ant to create an exe file for thet.please hp how to create an exe file in Vb.i tried to create it by using Package and diployement wizard..but it was not functioning...

• fisehayefisehaye Posts: 3Member
    Hai,