Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

div tag in html

Hello population,

I've a problem figuring out whether there exists an option in the
tag. I'm using a div tag and it has like 8 entries in it horizontally(i.e in a single line.) I made sure the webpage alignment works fine for all the resolution and most of the common browsers. But since i defined everything in %, the
tag doesnot work as desired?? Is there a way to increase the spacing between each entry in the
using % option so that it looks uniform on all the resolutions??

Thanks for ur reply in advance

Swaroop.

Comments

• dolev9dolev9 Posts: 147Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by dolev9 at 2005-7-26 14:42:4[/red][/b][hr]
    i have only one thing to say about that:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/div.asp
  • swaroopmjswaroopmj Posts: 4Member
    Thank u for ur reply. I now figured out how to do it. If i have problems i'll contact u again. Thank you for ur time.

Swaroop
    fill free to mail me, or use the programmers heaven's messages system if you got any problem.

dolev

• swaroopmjswaroopmj Posts: 4Member
    first of all thnx for the reply dolev. I actually got other cool options for the menu from that link, but still cant solve the problem. I'll reframe my problem,

My div tag has 8 names(links) aligned horizontally. Now the alignment(or rather the spacing b/w the links) is perfect in 800X600 resolution. But when i change my resolution to say 1024X768 the width of the div remains same but the entries in it r aligned with same spacing, so there will b a gap on the right side. I know we've to provide the alignment in % for it to work in all resolutions, but the % option has no effect when i use it in the div option.

I hope u got my problem. I tried some more options in the link but still cudnt get it to work. Thnx for ur reply

Regards,
    Swaroop.
    i had the exact same problem as you do.

i think that what you search for is this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/height_0.asp

here is another link that might interest you:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/om/measuring.asp

dolev
  • NCS_OneNCS_One Posts: 170Member
    : Hello population,
    :
    : I've a problem figuring out whether there exists an option in the
    tag. I'm using a div tag and it has like 8 entries in it horizontally(i.e in a single line.) I made sure the webpage alignment works fine for all the resolution and most of the common browsers. But since i defined everything in %, the
    tag doesnot work as desired?? Is there a way to increase the spacing between each entry in the
    :
    : Thanks for ur reply in advance
    :
    : Swaroop.
    :

Hi

Dont know if this what you looking for but try this :
    ---------------------------------------------------------

File2

AEIOU

AEIOU

AEIOU

AEIOU

AEIOU

AEIOU

AEIOU

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope it help.
  • CyGuyCyGuy Posts: 312Member
    : : Hello population,
    : :
    : : I've a problem figuring out whether there exists an option in the
    : : Thanks for ur reply in advance
    : : Swaroop.
    :
    : Hi
    :
    : Dont know if this what you looking for but try this :
    : ---------------------------------------------------------
    :
    :
    : File2
    :
    :
    :

:
    AEIOU

:
    AEIOU

:
    AEIOU

:
    AEIOU

:
    AEIOU

:
    AEIOU

:
    AEIOU

:

:
    :
    : --------------------------------------------------------------
    :
    : Hope it help.
    :
    There are ways to do this, I have a handfull of functions.
    Some for images that don't even belong to me.
    If you succeed in retrieving a browsers width,
    Math.floor(width/8) might work, if the browser's
    width is evenly divisible by 8, then it would be a
    simple task of srategecly placing the remaing pixels
    distributed amounst the div tags!!!
    need a more help --- cyrus.hays@earthlink.net
    http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cyrus.hays