hard code to erase hard drive

I need the hard code to erase my hard drive. I can not run FDISK as I receive the 'wrong version of DOS' and therefore can not repair any errors. I just want to erase my drive and reinstall windows
Bob Anderson

Comments

• : I need the hard code to erase my hard drive. I can not run FDISK as I receive the 'wrong version of DOS' and therefore can not repair any errors. I just want to erase my drive and reinstall windows
    : Bob Anderson
    :
    :
    Well you could try saying "deltree C:" thats not the offical way to do it but it works. A few system files will be left but all of those would be erased when the OS is reinstalled

-Margalo ;-)
  • : : I need the hard code to erase my hard drive. I can not run FDISK as I receive the 'wrong version of DOS' and therefore can not repair any errors. I just want to erase my drive and reinstall windows
    : : Bob Anderson
    : :
    : :
    : Well you could try saying "deltree C:" thats not the offical way to do it but it works. A few system files will be left but all of those would be erased when the OS is reinstalled
    :
    : -Margalo ;-)
    :
    [blue]
    I think that's "[green]deltree C:[/green]" but anyway you could do cleaner [grey](as when using "deltree C:" you only delete the directories and files, not fixing the bad sections of your drive)[/grey]:
    Take a boot-cd or a boot-diskette [grey](you can do a boot-disk/diskette from within windows 98 and others (I think))[/grey] that boots in DOS [grey](preferably with CD-ROM Support)[/grey] and use the command "[green]format C:[/green]". That should leave you with nothing on your C drive. Or try it your way with fdisk [grey](I think every booddisk has a program like fdisk)[/grey].
    Good luck with your new system!
    [/blue]
    [code][blue][size=5]AddyK[/size] (addyk2004), E-mail: addyk2003@walla.com (I know it should be 2004)[/blue][/code]