Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How can I load "max" file in delphi

verilogverilog Member Posts: 2
I need to load a 3ds max file or shockwave file in delphi. I searched to find any component but I didn't succseed. does anybody have any idea how I can do this.
I think it is possible by using directx, but I'm not familiar with it. also I would like to find a component to do this for me.thanks alot for your help

Regrads
John

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : I need to load a 3ds max file or shockwave file in delphi. I searched to find any component but I didn't succseed. does anybody have any idea how I can do this.
    : I think it is possible by using directx, but I'm not familiar with it. also I would like to find a component to do this for me.thanks alot for your help
    :
    : Regrads
    : John
    :
    The most simple way to do this is to search for the COM interface, which handles these files. Then you can import that into Delphi and use it like any other interface.
    Another more difficult and clumbersome way is to design your own object.
  • verilogverilog Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply
    But do you know any 3D com interface. I wanted to find a component which has ability for rotation, pan, zoom and selecting differnet objects in 3D view. also when someone clicks on an object in 3D view, component should notify me with a message or an event. do you think I can find a com interface with these abilities?ca you help me where I can find it.

Regards.
    John
  • zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Thanks for your reply
    : But do you know any 3D com interface. I wanted to find a component which has ability for rotation, pan, zoom and selecting differnet objects in 3D view. also when someone clicks on an object in 3D view, component should notify me with a message or an event. do you think I can find a com interface with these abilities?ca you help me where I can find it.
    :
    : Regards.
    : John
    :
    Those interfaces should be shipped by shockwave. COM interfaces are nothing more than abstract objects, which link to a DLL or executable(the COM server), where the implementation of its methods are located. Delphi can create the interfaces from a COM server. The command is somewhere in the menu. I think it's called "Import ActiveX control".
    As for if I know some: no.