Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

sub form to open at last record

soojosiesoojosie Member Posts: 4
Have not worked with access for a long time am trying to update an oldie.
Main form has a sub form. With each new service to customer I select next on the sub forms navigation button. 1 customer might have 6 records on his sub form and another might only have 2.

Problem is that when viewing reports of these visits I need to work on the last service record whereas my sub form always opens to the first record and this is the date read in the reports.

I know it isnt difficult but I have spent hours on it without success
Can anyone help?

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Member Posts: 532
    : Have not worked with access for a long time am trying to update an oldie.
    : Main form has a sub form. With each new service to customer I select next on the sub forms navigation button. 1 customer might have 6 records on his sub form and another might only have 2.
    :
    : Problem is that when viewing reports of these visits I need to work on the last service record whereas my sub form always opens to the first record and this is the date read in the reports.
    :
    : I know it isnt difficult but I have spent hours on it without success
    : Can anyone help?
    :
    :
    For the query your subform is based on, you could sort descending on the date.
    :

• soojosiesoojosie Member Posts: 4
    [b][red]This message was edited by soojosie at 2005-7-20 7:19:24[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Have not worked with access for a long time am trying to update an oldie.
    : : Main form has a sub form. With each new service to customer I select next on the sub forms navigation button. 1 customer might have 6 records on his sub form and another might only have 2.
    : :
    : : Problem is that when viewing reports of these visits I need to work on the last service record whereas my sub form always opens to the first record and this is the date read in the reports.
    : : I know it isnt difficult but I have spent hours on it without success
    : : Can anyone help?
    : For the query your subform is based on, you could sort descending on the date.
    : Thank you dokken2 so simple and soo effective
    :