Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

HELP!! DEAD HARD DRIVE??

sarkiemarkiesarkiemarkie Member Posts: 89

I've had my other computer for quite a wile and it initally has Windows ME on it but then i installed XP. A wile ago, it broke and would not start up and kept pausing at certain screens on startup. NOW, nothing happens, when i turn it on the screen stays blank and it sounds like its loading but after a few seconds, it starts to make this fizzing sound. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT??? Last time, i left it for a wile and it fixed but this time nothing loads at all so i dont know what to think!!

WHAT IS WRONG?

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Comments

• MargaloMargalo Member Posts: 75
    :
    : I've had my other computer for quite a wile and it initally has Windows ME on it but then i installed XP. A wile ago, it broke and would not start up and kept pausing at certain screens on startup. NOW, nothing happens, when i turn it on the screen stays blank and it sounds like its loading but after a few seconds, it starts to make this fizzing sound. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT??? Last time, i left it for a wile and it fixed but this time nothing loads at all so i dont know what to think!!
    :
    : WHAT IS WRONG?
    :
    : WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    :
    Well I'm no expert but It might be the new OS rejecting the BIOS settings, What I would do is boot from the install disks and try to reinstall, If that dosen't work try reinstalling ME agian. [b]But remember to boot from the installation disks not the hard drive [/b]
    I've got my fingers crossed for ya!

-Margalo ;-)