Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

regarding using winsock for net send

bengesbenges Member Posts: 331
hi all,

first time here. need to ask about the winsock control, how do i use this control to get the user on the LAN? cos i wish 2 develop a "net send" like GUI, but when the program start, it will detect the user in that particular LAN first n add into the combo box, that will help me reduce the time, thanks a lot

Comments

• JomacJomac Member Posts: 231
    : hi all,
    :
    : first time here. need to ask about the winsock control, how do i use this control to get the user on the LAN? cos i wish 2 develop a "net send" like GUI, but when the program start, it will detect the user in that particular LAN first n add into the combo box, that will help me reduce the time, thanks a lot
    :

What you are talking about doing is not really like NetSend as it uses UDP to send blind messages out on an address that may or may not be open to receive them. It sounds like you need to establish a TCP connection between multiple computers on a LAN that enables chat.

This is a bit more complicated, however I developed an ActiveX component a while back that makes it pretty easy. There is a link below, but in short - the component has two controls, a server control and a client control - you need to make two programs, one needs to sit somewhere on the LAN and listen for clients wanting to join. The other is the client that each user will have, all each client needs to know is where the server is.

The controls do all the hard work of creating dynamic sockets for multiple uers, notifying other users of changes in the list of users and sending messages to other users - all you need to do is build the GUI.

http://jomacinc.com/product.php?cmd=free&key=wswr

It is 100% free, so give it a try.
    ______
    [size=2][b][blue]J[/blue]omac.[/b][/size]